Thirteen

May

"I'm so gald this year is over," I told Taytum as we were packing our things for the summer.

"Me, too. Except I actually have to go back to my family. You're so lucky you live in the same city as Jack," Taytum replied.

"Yeah," I told her, smiling at the thought of seeing Jack almost everyday.

Right then my phone started to ring, playing Distance by Jack and Jack.

Right then both of us new it was Jack.

"Fitting ringtone," Tatyum said laughing at me.

He was facetiming me, which we had started to do weekly.

"Hi!" I said answering the phone.

"Hey, babe," he said smiling when he saw me, "what's up?"

"Oh you know, just boring packing," I said sitting on my bed.

"Sounds fun. I just finished and needed to see your face," Jack said.

"Well, I'm sure that's much of an improvement."

My hair was a mess and I was sweating from moving around so much.

Just then Johnson stepped into the frame.

"Jack wont shut up about seeing you," he said, "all what he wants to do to you when he sees you."

Johnson winked and walked out of the frame.

Jack blushed, "I have no idea what he's talking about."

"Dude don't lie. She'll figure it out eventually," Johnson yelled from somewhere I couldn't see.

"Jack, I need to pack so we can leave in a few days. I'm sorry. I really want to talk, but in just a few days you'll be able to do the things you've been talking about doing," I winked at him.

He winked back, "Alright, I love you and I'll see you soon."

"You bet you will. I love you," I said and blew him a kiss hanging up.

***

The next few days were pure hell. Finals sucked and it didn't help that all I could think about was seeing Jack. No matter how much I studied I would never retain any of it because all that was on my mind was Jack.

But I somehow passed all of them.

"I'm ready to leave, NOW," I told Taytum as I entered the dorm.

"Not until tomorrow," she said without looking up from her laptop.

"I know. I know."

***

Tomorrow couldn't get here fast enough. And as soon as I woke up I ate something and started to get ready.

As I walked back into the dorm I saw Taytum just getting up.

"Jesus Christ, Izzy, calm yourself."

"I just want to leave this place," I said changing out of my sweats and sweatshirt.

I put on a pair of jean shorts and my Jack and Jack cut off shirt. I didn't need to put my shoes on yet.

***

An hour or so later Taytum had finished getting ready.

"Okay, I'm done. Let's leave."

No sooner than she said this I jumped up and grabbed my phone to leave.

She was wearing an outfit almost exactly like mine, jean shorts, but instead of a Jack and Jack cut off shirt she wore a black tank top with an anchor on it, and black and white vans.