I

So before I start the story I just wanted to give you some information about how I write.
This type of writing is my monolog.
Bolded means important.
And this is just normal.

I think you got it. Enjoy!

Hi, my name is Madison. Most people call me Madds. I go to Codon High School with my best friend Veronica (V), her boyfriend Phill and my boyfriend Marc.

I'm seventeen. V, Phill, and Marc are eighteen and yes, I'm the youngest. My birthday is in August, I know, such a long wait.

As you might know "love life" in high school is full of drama and bla bla.
My love life is not so great.
V loves Phill and would do anything for him. They have a love that is what I wish for. I don't love Marc. Don't get me wrong I care for him but it's not love.

Enough about my life pre-apocalypse. Let me tell you how it started.

While we were in chemistry class the school went on lockdown and we were confused. After a few panic attacks, the teacher calmed us down. They told us that it's just a drill and everything would be fine. So we just sat there. After a while, some men in black came into our classroom and told us to just go home. So we did that.

The next day we went to school but it was surrounded by guards which was really weird. Anyways the next few days we were under high control. They checked our stuff, looked trough our lockers and even took our blood.

It was all good until that day. We were at lunch but all of a sudden this girl comes running in looking white as a wall with pitch-black eyes and foaming at the mouth. At first, we just thought that she was sick or something so we started walking towards her. The guard immediately stopped us and this girl runs behind him and jumps on his back. Everybody freaked out and panic broke out. We got out of there and went to Marc's house. On the news, they said that some virus broke out and we should stay calm because the government has got everything under control.

As stupid we are, we just listened to them and stayed put.

We decided that every one of us should pack a bag, just in case.

So everyone went home. When I got there the door was open. I walked in and I grabbed a vase. I heard voices from the living room. In there I saw my mother on the couch bleeding and my neighbor helping her. I dropped the vase and tried to help. She said some crazy guy bit her at work. My neighbor pulled me aside.

Mike ( neighbor ): I'm sorry to tell you but she's got the virus.

Me: How do you know?

Mike: I saw it. I was on my way from school when I saw your mom being attacked.

Me: Oh my.....

*hugs me*

He went back to check on her and I just threw some clothes into a bag and went to the living room.

Mike: I don't know how long she's got. You should say goodbye. I know it's hard.

I kissed her and just as I was pulling away she grabbed my hand. I tried pulling away and then I saw it just as her black soulless eyes were opening, foam. I panicked and lost my sense of orientation. Mike took the shattered piece of the vase and killed her.

I fell to the ground and somehow made it to my bag, to get my meds. I calmed down and saw that Mike was on the floor wrestling with my mom. So I took the closest thing to me and struck her over the head.

Did I just do that. Omg. Have I killed her?

I broke down into tears as Mike tried to comfort me. I told him we needed to go. Get out of this town with my friends. They would understand.

They didn't.

V: WTF, Mads?! We agreed to go alone.

Me: Well he saved my life! I think he's fine. Anyways he used to hang out with us. I don't blame him for leaving. *rolls eyes*

Phill : V, calm down, it's fine. We know he's not gonna do anything.

Marc : I don't like him one bit.

Me : Well no one asked you for an opinion. So shut the hell up.

Marc: Fine.

Oh please shut the hell up.

V: okay, he can come but if he does something, he's gonna wish I said no.