V

As I looked at her I didn't know what to expect. Will she recognize me? Will she be happy to see me? All these feelings went through my head as I got out of the car, necklace in hand. As our eyes met all of those feelings went away as I saw a smile emerge on her face. 

V: Maddison? Is that you? OMG, open the gates right now!

Me: V, I'm so happy to see you. 

As we walked in, my eyes couldn't take in the scenery that greeted me. I saw people walking, kids running and playing, animals, flowers, it was so green. It was so beautiful. I just couldn't believe my eyes. I saw Veronica running towards me and I started running too. As we hugged, she started speaking.

V: I'm so happy you're alive! I've missed you so much. I thought something bad might have happened to you. 

Me: Veronica, I can't tell you how much I'm happy to see you. I was scared you might have moved somewhere else and I'd never find you. It has been a year and I was so scared and nervous.

V: As you see, we made our little community. We decided to stop running and try to have a normal life in this mess. We have animals, pets, kids, food. I'm really proud of the place we made. 

M: It is so beautiful. I wish I had been here with you all.

V: It's fine, you went to find Marc. No one was gonna stop you. Soo... did you find that idiot?

Showing her the necklace I said I had found his hideout. 

At that moment Aurora and Ophelia came up to us. 

Me: V, let me introduce you to the girls that saved my life out there. This is Aurora and this, Ophelia. 

Aurora: I'm Aurora. It's so nice to meet you. I've heard so much about you. 

Ophelia: Hiiiiii! 

As they were conversating, my eyes kept searching the place, hoping they'd find...

Phill: Well, well, well isn't that Madds, come here. 

Me: Guys, I'm so happy to see you but I need your help to get him. 

V: Is that a good idea, M. You should stay here with us. This place is so safe. You wanna go out there, again?

Me: Let's talk about it tomorrow, okay?

Aurora and Ophelia got a nice little house to stay at while V invited me to stay at the house with them.

V: This is your humble abode. Make yourself comfortable.

Me: Why thank you m' lady. It sure will be nice to sleep in a bed for once. 

V: I really hope you stay with us. Now...let me show you around.

We were walking around as V was showing me the place. It felt unreal to see this much beauty after the devastation that had taken over our world. They had solar panels, windmills, farms...It was breathtaking. As I was looking around, I saw a familiar face. It was Mike. I didn't know what to expect with me leaving and all that. Was he gonna yell at me, will he be angry, would he be happy to see me? I did not know but I was about to find out. 

Mike: HI Stranger! Nice seeing ya again. 

I was so shocked, I did not have time to react, especially when he hugged me. 

Me: Hi Mike. Haven't seen ya in a bit. 

Mike: I thought you'd left us for good, Madds.

Me: Yeah, you could never keep me away from you. 

Mike laughed and told me he had someone important he wanted me to meet. I wonder who that might be.