5

The heck?

I got a text message from Akari.

I forgot my book at school and I need it asap to complete my project, can I borrow yours?

Somehow it feels like everyone's forgetting their things, I thought while reading that.

I texted back, Sure, but when you say asap do you mean...?

Yup, going to your house now.

I looked at the clock. It's 2 am though! She's not actually going to my house now, right? For a joke, it's not really funny.

Hmm....I feel like I wanted to ask her something, but I forgot. Oh, well.

5 minutes later, she texted back.

At your house now.

?!

I quietly tried walking downstairs without waking anyone up and went to the front door. If I got pranked I'm seriously-

"Thanks, (y/n)"

And she's really there!

"Don't mind if I come inside" She opened the door wider and let herself in.

She starting walking up the stairs to my room and I was gonna yell at her, but decided against it.

"Don't just casually waltz in my room without my permission"

"Says the person that looked through my things"

"Ug...about that...."

"Thanks for the book" She soon found it on my desk.

"Can you go home now? I'm too tired for this" I sighed, plopping down on my bed.

"Aw, looks like (y/n) is a bit cranky now~"

With that tone of hers, I don't know if she's trying to be flirty or just plain rude.

"You know, I'm feeling quite tired now too" She laid down beside me on the bed.

"Hey"

I blushed, as she hugged me from behind and wrapped her arms around my waist.

"What~" I could feel her hot breath near my ears and it gave me tingles.

"Why are you hugging me?!" I whispered loudly.

"I'm recharging, I need some energy right now"

I don't know how to deal with Akari's random clinginess that comes and goes.

I tried wriggling out of her grasp, but somehow she's really strong?

"Nope, not yet" She refused.

Seriously, how am I supposed to deal with this?

After another minute of awkwardness, she finally decided to let go.

"I feel much better now" She smiled. "And that look on your face is...cute"

"Huh?" I couldn't catch the last part from her whispering.

"Nothing~"

She finally started leaving, and I quickly said goodbye.

"Bye, oh and I decided to leave it for later but...expect that payback soon" Her eyes flashed with a mix of excitement and an unknown emotion I couldn't see.

Before I could say anything she was gone.

Just what is she planning on doing?! I know I looked through her stuff, but she seems to be more amused seeing me scared.

This is what I meant by I really can't tell what she's thinking.

___________________________

Back at home, Akari put (y/n)'s book down on her desk. However, another copy of the same exact book was on the desk already.

"It was a lie though~" She smirked.

(A/N: The next update's gonna be when things start getting serious so be ready. Also, thanks for the nice comments so far, I read them but I'm too shy to reply lol.)