Part VIII - Leonis, 1:12, 2:16 - Missing The Beat-ing

"Ta da!"

"Ta da!"

"Okay, wow!" Arthur exclaimed and sat the newspaper down, his mouth falling agape as Abrina emerged from the rear of the clothing store with a doting Michel trailing behind her. The short man was a cauldron of bubbling energy.

"Methinks he doth approves!" the tailor said, wearing a large toothy smile.

Arthur, in a rather conservative white button up shirt and khaki slacks, felt his heart skip a beat as Abrina slowly turned in front of him with Michel's hand guiding her.

"Oh, Mr. Raymond, don't you just adore this fishnet back showing off Ms. Abrina's wonderful shoulders, and this dress...so, shimmering and elegant," Michel said, slightly lifting the edge of the silvery garment. "It's a nylon and acetate work of art, wouldn't you say, Mr. Raymond? The gold trim, the belt, and on such a perfect, lovely specimen...magnifique! Mwah!"

Arthur was speechless, unable to take his eyes off of Abrina's lovely face.

Abrina beamed, outwardly enjoying Arthur's apparent appreciation of her new look.

Michel pulled Abrina's ear down to his lips and whispered, "I would give body parts to have someone look at me like that young man is looking at you. You are so lucky to have found a man that seems to love..."

Abrina lifted her head, cutting her eyes toward Arthur. "No. It is not like that, Michel."

"I do believe it is, my dear...whether he has said so or not. Look at me," Michel said in a whisper and then held the woman at arm's length. "Maybe you don't wish to admit it to yourself, but maybe you feel something as well?"

Abrina said nothing.

"I rest my case, now, I have to say it is not fair of me to keep you two young people in this stuffy place with me all to myself. You should go out and enjoy the rest of your day on the town, and with this look, honey, you will no doubt make all of Savannah's snooty, pasty white women mad with jealousy."

Arthur laughed as Abrina gave the misty-eyed Michel a hug. She then moved to the side to allow Arthur access to the man. He presented a hand to the clothier. "Thank you, my friend. How much do I owe you?"

"Nothing, my good man. You and Ms. Abrina have given me something today worth so much more than money. Other than the mayor and a handful of others, you have joined a very small group of people that has restored my hope that things can and will eventually change."

"So, there are other people that aren't bigots around here, then?" Arthur asked and turned toward the door.

Michel nodded. "A few, yes."

"Any of them in real estate?"

Abrina and Michel both looked toward Arthur in confusion.

With a slow nod of affirmation, Michel answered, "Yes. Andy Remington comes to mind, why?"