Part X - Leonis, 1:12, 2:16 - Missing Faith

Arthur scanned the crowd and then glanced down to find a conservatively dressed young woman in her late teens standing next to them with a pleasant smile on her face

Arthur scanned the crowd and then glanced down to find a conservatively dressed young woman in her late teens standing next to them with a pleasant smile on her face. She wore her brunette hair up in a bun and held a copy of John Stuart Mill's, 'On Liberty' in her hands.

Then, she sneezed.

"Bless you!" Arthur said without thinking.

"Thanks," she said nasally and stepped back, reseating the glasses on the bridge of her nose. "Sorry, I have the flu or something, but I think it's almost over. It's been goin' around, you know? Heck, things got real bad around here last year, but thankfully it's not as awful this time."

Abrina gave a quick nod of understanding and smiled politely. "That's quite alright."

Arthur, now skeptical of everyone on the planet, analyzed the young woman with a wary eye. "Ma'am, I'm sorry, but can we help you with something?"

"I, uh, I was on my way home from the library and saw what happened back there. It was disgusting and really...um, amazing at the same time," she said.

"Pardon?" Arthur inquired.

"I mean, I've never seen anyone fight like that before, especially a woman! It was so great!"

Abrina nodded in acknowledgement and smiled.

"And you were good, too, mister," the young woman said with a grin.

"Thanks?" Arthur quipped.

"No...thank you. I'm glad you shut those guys up. They deserve it, but this ain't really over, you need to know that. That's why I stopped. I needed to warn you both to get off the street and soon. I mean, you can come with me if you want? My mom's bakery is just around the corner. We can drive you where you need to go from there."

"Who are you and why would you want to help us?" Arthur asked. "Hell, how do I know if I can even trust you?"

"Arthur, please. Not everyone is evil," Abrina said.

"Says you."

"It's okay, ma'am...I get it. Either way, it's a pleasure to meet you both, my name is Faith. Faith Lerman and those nasty men, they have been harassing our family and our Synagogue since they showed up in town a couple of years ago. You can trust me when I say, this is not over...far from it and I speak from experience. They harass us all the time and my mother and I have never done anything to them."

"They're Nazis," Arthur said through gritted teeth. "They don't need a reason to be assholes."

"Sir?" Faith said curiously and then sniffed.

"Nazis. They're assholes." Arthur repeated matter-of-factly. "On this world and apparently every other world they infest."

Abrina cut her eyes at Arthur in displeasure. "Ignore him, Faith. He probably got hit in the head a tad too hard or something."