0.4 ; Cryptic Company

Small dust particles flew about in Florence's quaint cabin when an unexpected guest stormed into her house, shutting the door behind them quickly and harshly

Florence could have sworn that if she had been human, her heart would be racing at this very moment, but then an all too familiar head of blond hair stepped out from behind the atrium and all of her worries seemed to melt away, only to be replaced with a resounding warm feeling cycling throughout her deadened veins.

"What did my door ever do to you?" Florence wittily asked Jasper, trying to create the light, cheerful tone that seemed to flow into all of the conversations she had.

Jasper, however, ignored her witty banter, and instead went up to Florence, grabbed her, and kissed her like he would never get to see her again. It was a passionate, animalistic kiss - one that Florence had never had from Jasper because of his chivalrous roots. 

When he broke away, he held Florence's head in between his large palms - they fit around both sides of her head, making her facial features slightly squashed, "I-I think I have to go soon."

Florence instantly thought the worst, "Jasper, if someone is coming after you, I can help you."

"No," Jasper began, shaking his head firmly, "It's not that."

"Well, if you need help I ca-" Florence began, almost desperately as Jasper shook his head even more, turning his palms so that Florence's contained head was eye level with his.

"You don't get it, Flor," Jasper began, "You can't get it, ok?"

"Jas, you're scaring me," Florence said, trying to piece together his cryptic words.

"Goddamnit, Florence," Jasper shouted, his eyes engulfed with flames. 

As he saw Florence's eyes fill up with unshed tears, his honey golden eyes began to soften as he spoke with conviction, "You're not allowed to get it. It's a family thing."

"I," Florence began, at a loss for words, "I thought I was family?"

"Apparently only in my heart," Jasper muttered out, secretly frustrated at Edward for his neglatory ways.

"I don't get what you're trying to say Jasper. This is so confusing. What am I - ?"

"Look," Jasper lowered his lips to her's so that, with every word he spoke, their lips would slightly brush together - giving both of them that tingling electric spark they always felt whenever one made contact with the other, "I don't want to do this, Flor. Please don't hate me."

"Jasper, please, just tell me."

"I have to leave you," Jasper muttered out, looking heartbroken himself when he said it. He felt as though the Volturi had just ripped out his heart from his chest because he felt like a piece of him was dying at this very instance. 

Florence was literally his world. Without her, he was absolutely nothing. He would just go back to roaming without purpose, never truly living - at least, not to its fullest extent, not without her. If he could, he would rip out his own heart right then and there, so that he could quite literally give his heart to her as a reminder of his everlasting love for her - only her.  At least that way, his mental pain would be matched with his physical state.

Florence was at a loss for words, but Jasper could feel her whirlwind of emotions. 

First, she was confused. Her mind felt like a jigsaw puzzle, trying to fit the pieces of Jasper's sentence together and make sense of it; almost like she was trying to analyze how she would go on without him in her life.

Then, she was heartbroken. She felt like she had already lost him once, over a century ago, and she wasn't willing to lose him again, but it clearly was not up for interpretation. There was only one way to interpret the phrase "I have to leave you." He has to leave her...again.

Finally, she settled on one emotion to act on - anger. Her mind was a wildfire of rage. The rage that she never let out when he first left her. The rage that she felt when she thought about how helpless Bella was. The rage that she felt when Victoria followed her from Russia in order to make her new life worse. All that rage combined, and Florence was quite literally about to blow.

Despite the fiery depths of Florence's brain, she acted with cold words, "Fine. Leave. Leave again, Jasper. Each time you do, it gets that much easier to be without you."

He knew she was lying.

She knew she was lying.

"You don't mean that," Jasper's voice wavered.

"I," Florence shoved Jasper's chest, "I do."

Jasper held onto Florence's hands as she tried to punch and push her pain away. He kissed her convulsing palms, as she gave up and began gaping for breath. 

She slid down the nearby wooden wall, dry heaving into her palms as Jasper slid down to the spot to the right of Florence and hugged her pain away, all the while whispering of how much he loved her and how much he always will.

"What did I do?" Florence asked through half-shut eyes, not wanting Jasper to be able to see just how much pain he had just caused her.

"Nothing baby," Jasper began, "You're absolutely perfect."

"Then why are you leaving me again?" Florence moaned, burying her face into Jasper's chest.

"Because I love you."

(UNEDITED)

(PUBLISHED 2/1/18)

(WORD COUNT 915)

Leave comments, vote, and follow if you enjoyed.
I love hearing you guys's thoughts!