1.0 ; Alice and Appeasement

FLORENCE was in the middle of reading The Great Gatsby for the eighty-seventh time at four in the morning - one of the perks of not having to sleep - when she heard thunderous knocks at her door

FLORENCE was in the middle of reading The Great Gatsby for the eighty-seventh time at four in the morning - one of the perks of not having to sleep - when she heard thunderous knocks at her door. Cautiously, Florence stood up and lightly walked to the door, pulling the curtains back on the front door to peek out to the front porch. 

She saw a familiar face that almost made her heart stop. It had been so long since she had seen any of her friends that she was tingling with ecstasy as she rapidly unlocked the door for her old friend to come in.

As soon as the fairy-like girl walked past the threshold of the door, Florence embraced her in a bone-crushing hug, "I missed you so much, Al."

"I missed you too, Flor," Alice spoke emotionally, but then she pulled out of the hug and gave Florence a slap to the forehead.

"What the heck was that for?" Florence asked, lightly rubbing the newly formed knot atop of her head.

"It was for letting Bella jump off of a cliff," Alice emphasized, "You're supposed to be here to take care of her, Florence - what in the world happened?"

"I - kind of - I don't know -" Florence trailed off, trying to find a way to word all that had happened in the past six months, "I had family issues I had to deal with."

"Family?" Alice asked, confused, "I thought your family had passed away." 

"I mean," Houston spoke up as she stepped into the living room in her pajamas, "I'm technically dead."

"What?" Alice was confused as she looked at a teenaged girl that had the angelic hair of Jasper and the beautiful poise of Florence, "Florence -"

"Yes," Florence spoke up, interrupting Alice before she could ask any questions, "She's my daughter. We just got reacquainted. I needed to tend to her for a while, but I thought Bella was in safe hands with Jacob. She seemed happier when she was with him."

"That mutt," Alice grumbled out, "He couldn't stop her from flinging herself off of a cliff, now could he?"

"No one could have," Florence mumbled, "Ever since Edward left, Bella has been doing anything that gives her an adrenaline rush."

"Why?" Alice asked, wondering if the human girl had a death wish or if she just wanted to make her family's lives harder.

"Because she sees him when she gets a rush," Florence spoke matter-of-factly, "And - before you can say anything - I don't blame her. She found her true love, and she lost her true love. Anything that reminds her of him she will do. I've been in her shoes. It's not easy to forget the one you think you're going to spend the rest of your life with, and anything that can remind you of their precious memory is something needed for sanity. She feels dead without him, Alice."

"He was trying to protect her," Alice said, defending her brother.

"Well," Houston spoke up hesitantly - not really sure if her input was wanted in this conversation, "Maybe trying to protect her was the thing that killed her the most."

"Maybe," Alice muttered out, pondering what to do next, "Well I came to see if she was okay. I had a vision of her jumping off of a cliff, and then I couldn't see her being saved. I wonder why I couldn't see the rest of the vision..."

"I'm not sure, Alice. If you need any help with being a mother though, I'm your girl," Florence joked about her maternal gift that made her more humanlike.

Alice spaced out for a moment, her eyes darted around the room as if she was seeing something that wasn't materialized. She began shaking and searching for a piece of paper to document what she was seeing. Florence quickly ran to the office and grabbed a small sketchpad and a pen for her to draw on. 

Alice's hands glided across the paper eloquently as she continued to glance around the room.

"Mom, is she okay?" Houston asked, scared of what was happening.

"She's precognitive," Florence spoke out, cluing Houston in that she was seeing a vision from the future. 

"I - I have to go," Alice snapped out of her vision and got up, ready to run.

"Wait, Alice!" Florence yelled out, "Is everything okay?"

"It's - " Alice stumbled on her words, in shock of the vision she saw, "It's Edward. He thinks Bella is dead, and he wants to die, too."

"We have to go then," Houston spoke up, surprising the other two vampires.

"Well -" Alice was thinking about a plan to get to Florence as quickly as possible, "Book the tickets to Florence, let's go. We have to go pick up Bella - like, now."

Florence and Houston scrambled around and picked up their wallets and phones before hopping into Alice's car and speeding down the highway towards Bella's house.

The image Alice drew of the Volturi's headquarters was the only thing etched into Florence's mind as they zoomed past the vast amounts of forestry.

That was, until she remembered that a certain blond haired boy would be waiting for her when she got there. 

She was going to have a lot of explaining to do. 

[UNEDITED]

[WORD COUNT - 887]

[06/28/18]

[SORRY I'VE BEEN GONE FOR SO LONG...I LOST INSPIRATION FOR THIS BOOK MOMENTARILY BUT I'M GOOD NOW. IF YOU GUYS HAVE ANY SCENES YOU WANT ME TO WRITE, DM ME PLEASE. I LOVE INTERACTING WITH YOU LOVELY FOLKS. PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, AND FOLLOW IF YOU ENJOY THIS BOOK.]