1.3 ; Candid Conversations

"I WASN'T AWARE that Florence had a daughter," Alec said through gritted teeth as he gave an angered side glance to Aro, who was smiling like a mad jester

"Yes, and such a pretty one, too," Aro's red eyes had a menacing gleam in them as he turned his gaze from Houston to Florence, "You can really see Jasper in her, can't you?"

"Yes, you can," Florence let out as cordially as possible, knowing that lying to Aro was absolutely pointless.

"Yes, we are all baffled by the beautiful offspring," Caius began in a bored tone, "But what are we going to do about the human girl? You know she's a liability. She knows too much about our kind." 

"That's true," Aro began, pacing in front of Edward, who was attempting to shield Bella from the Volturi's view, "Unless -"

Aro comes to a halt in front of Edward. The tension was a tangible emotion in the room, and Florence could feel Bella's anxiety due to her loose connection to the poor human girl. After a stare down that could have lasted for a century, Aro broke the contest by continuing his previous thought in a condescending tone, "- Edward intends to give her immortality."

Seeing Edward's pain flash through his eyes, Aro's eyes narrowed into reptilian slits. Tilting his head to the side in a knowing manner, "But that's not your intention, is it? Hm, shame."

Aro nods to Felix, who was standing in the corner opposite Alec, but Felix could only take one step towards Bella before Edward tackled him to the ground.

Bella looks at the scene in front of her with distraught eyes as she sees Felix gaining the upper hand in the brawl, "Edward, don't!"

"Psh," Houston begins, glaring at Bella despite her Florence's warning glance, "Like yelling would actually do anything."

Florence, Houston, and Alice all jump into the fight; Florence flanking Alec in hand-to-hand combat while Houston and Alice keep the other unnamed Volturi guards at bay. As Florence struggles with Alec, his hands wrap around her waist in an uncomfortably intimate way, "Doll, I don't want to have to hurt you. Just give up now before things get out of hand for you and your family."

Alec's voice whispered out to her, the end of his sentence was dripping in venom which sent chills down Florence's back, "Never in a million years."

Florence gained the upper hand, grabbing Alec's wrist that had found a home on her waist and tossing his whole body down to the ground, effectively cracking the marble with a soul twisting crunching sound. While Florence was taking care of business, she took the small opportunity she had to look at the rest of her family: Edward had been tossed up to the roof and had made his own dent in the concrete flooring, Alice was being restrained by the Volturi guards, Houston was trying to take on Jane despite the pain she was dealing with. Just as she was about to rush forward to help Edward up, Alec took away her senses in a dark storm. 

Not being able to see, hear, or smell, Florence began panicking, wondering what was happening right in front of her. It was frustrating to know they were in the general vicinity but not being able to know where or how to help.

"Stop this! Please!" Bella pleaded to Aro, looking at her love embedded in concrete and her mother figure being rendered senseless. Running towards Aro for a confrontation, a guard that was not preoccupied with the other supernatural beings flung her to the side. 

Her back collided with the wall, making a bone chilling crunch ring out as she screamed out in pain. Gathering herself quickly, she was running off of adrenaline as she made another hasty run towards Aro. 

Successfully reaching him this time, Bella kneels before the smirking man and pleads for her adoptive family's livelihood, "Do it! Kill me! Just leave them alone!"

As she bears her neck to him in a valiant show, Aro giggles with delight and waves his hand to the rest of the Volturi in an effort to stop the fighting, "Enough."

Finally coming to her senses, Florence is met with the scene of Edward screaming for Bella and warning Aro to get away from her. He goes to run towards Aro in protest, but Jane is quick to get rid of his threatening run by making him writhe in pain. 

Not being able to handle seeing her brother scream in agony anymore, Alice speaks up, "Edward stop, I've already seen it."

Edward manages to make out through gritted teeth "Alice, stay out of it."

"I know what to do," Alice says, ignoring Edward's wishes and stepping towards Aro.

Aro becomes intrigued with the clairvoyant, and he gestures for Jane to stop her torturous tactics. 

"Ah yes, the clairvoyant," Aro begins, "I saw your gift in Edward's thoughts. What is it you've seen?"

Edward gets the frustrating urge to cry, "Alice - don't."

"I'm the one who will change Bella," Alice boldly proclaims.

Bella and Aro are both taken aback as they stare at the clairvoyant in shock. Aro ponders her statement momentarily before gesturing towards the still kneeling Bella, "Please, be my guest."

"Not here," Alice begins, "Her father is in law enforcement. If she goes missing, there will be questions."

"He is easily dealt with," Caius's statement exudes arrogance as he smirks, thinking of humans as meaningless pawns in the supernatural cause. 

"It will happen Aro," Alice is adamant, holding her hand out to Aro, "See for yourself."

Thrusting her hand out towards the smiling man, Aro nods to the guards to back off. She holds his hand, and he closes his eyes. 

Edward is the only one able to see the scene besides the two parties involved, and everyone else  stands by, waiting for some semblance of what to do. After a moment, Aro releases Alice's hand and smiles once more. 

After a talk, Alice promised to follow through with her vision, and the group was escorted outside of the doors. Meeting the sunlight, Florence is faced with the vision of Jasper, Emmett, and Rosalie, who were just about to walk into the building.

Losing her words, Florence doesn't know how to react towards Jasper. Her anxiety about telling him about Houston is building before a great calm washes over her. Florence glances at Jasper, who winks at her, "Not fair."

//

Like; 

Vote;

Comment;

I'm back!

[word count - 1,085]

[UNEDITED]