Chapter Three: The Hogwarts Express

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter or Hogwarts, or any of the real characters; J.K. Rowling owns them. I wish I did, but sadly I don't!

Chapter Three: The Hogwarts Express

The end of July and all through August was a blur. We did practically the same thing every day. We'd help Molly with the outside work, play games, the twins would prank me (making me tackle them to the ground), and we'd get in trouble a lot. It was pretty boring, because my excitement for Hogwarts was overwhelming. In between everything, I had read all my school books, Fred's second year books, and his third year books as well. I was probably going to be the smartest first year out there, because I knew all the first years' books, and second years' books and third years' books, by heart. I was going to amaze everyone; I knew it.

On August thirty-first, I woke up bright and early that morning. When I slipped out of bed, Ginny was still sound asleep. I peeked through the window to see the sun was about to rise, so no one would be up just yet. I changed into a pair of baggy shorts and a tank top. I shoved my feet into my worn-out black sneakers; I wasn't going to wear my new shoes until I was at Hogwarts. I slipped down the stairs and to my surprise, George was sitting on the kitchen counter with a cup of what looked like pumpkin juice, and Fred was at the window watching something.

"Hey what are you guys doing?" I asked walking to stand next to Fred.

Fred looked down at me and smirked, "Nothing." I heard George hop down from the counter and come to stand on the other side of Fred.

"We put a lot of wet-start fireworks in the gnomes' holes, they are going to off any sec-" George couldn't even finish his sentence because fire pops came from the ground. Little gnomes popped out of the ground and were running around screaming. Sparks were going everywhere and we just stood there laughing.

"What the bloody Hell are you three doing?" Molly Weasley's voice boomed behind us. We all turned around slowly. Percy, Ron, Ginny and Arthur were all standing behind a very mad and red Molly. They all looked sleepy and not happy to be up at this early hour.

"Well," George started looking down. I really hated what I was about to do...

"It was me," I said looking at Fred and George. "I woke up early because I was happy that I'm going to Hogwarts tomorrow. I was making me some pumpkin juice when I saw a little gnome pop out of its hole and try to eat some of the vegetables growing outside. It angered me, so I snuck upstairs into Fred and George's room and took some of their wet-start fireworks. I went outside and put them all in their holes. They blew just a second ago and, well, all the gnomes scattered off into the fields."

Molly raised an eyebrow at me, and then looked at the twins. I knew if I took the blame she wouldn't do anything, but if the twins said they had then they'd be cleaning all day and night. She finally said in a light voice, "Oh, what a silly way to make the gnomes scatter, Evelyn. You should have waited until everyone was already awake. I like your dedication though." She smiled and pushed past the others, going upstairs.

Arthur followed her up the stairs sleepily. Percy huffed, going upstairs. Ginny yawned and looked out the window behind me. "Good job!" She smiled and started up the stairs. Ron was the only one still down stairs. He stared blankly at us; he appeared to be sleeping with his eyes open.

"Do you think he's awake?" I murmured to George. Ron snored. "Okay, I don't think he is..." I laughed and turned around. Both boys were looking at me like I was a saint. "What?"

"You covered for us," Fred said in a confused tone.

I nodded and smiled. "Yeah... I did. What's the big deal?"

Becoming My True Self: Book Oneजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें