#11

*edited*

Kendyn Emery:

After waiting for Rose to dry her tears I suggested we ditch the rest of our classes since neither of us wanted to face everyone after what happened and especially not Damon. She did warn her friend and both Wolf and Carter just in case something were to happen.

We went in my car and I decided to drive her to a special place we both loved when we were younger.

"Umm Ken, where are we going?" she asked looking out the window then at me, she clearly saw that I didn't take the turn to go to her house.

"Surprise to cheer you up mi Rosa, patients." I took her hand in mine and kissed the top of it, holding it on my lap as I drove.

The ride was pretty short, I parked the car and she turned to me immediately recognising where we were.

"You didn't!" she squealed running out to the park and straight to the swings.

She was laughing so hard and her smile was so bright I just stood there admiring her a little longer then I should have. The laughter of the children that were here took us both back to when we were little.

"You remember this place?" I questioned sitting on the swing beside her.

"How could I forget. We were here when you saved me from that dude that tried to kidnap me saying he had puppies to show me." she made a disgusted face at the end.

"Yeah but not only..." I dragged along. I remember it like it was yesterday.

~~~~~~~~~~ few years back ~~~~~~~~~~~

Damon had invited me to a play date with him and his sister to the park. It was for his 9th birthday party. He was off to talk with his dad because it had turned into a sort of family BBQ. I was playing on the slide when I saw Rose swinging on the swing, her blond hair let out in its curls and she was wearing a white dress making her resemble an angel.

I was walking towards her when I saw an old weird man crouch beside her and started talking to her. I didn't like how close he was to her so I ran there and pushed him over.

"Go away!" I yelled. Rose got off the swing and I took her by the arm and placed her behind me.

"Do you want to come with me too to go see the puppies?" the old man asked. His teeth were all yellow and his eyes were all red.

"No." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"But I'm sure this little girl wants to come, don't you?" he looked over my shoulder to Rose who wasn't looking too confident about all this and she held my shirt In her little fists.

"Go away, old man!" I started again trying to make me look scary at the top of my nine years of age.

"That's it. You are both coming with me." he started grabbing my arm but I remembered what my dad had taught me before he left. I was lucky to be quite tall for a boy my age so I swung my left arm to his face knocking him in the nose making him let go of me.

Rose's screams resonated as she saw the guy stumble back up and charge at us. I took her in my arms and whispered to her

"Nothing will happen to you, I'm here." sure enough, the old man was stopped by Rose's dad and uncles who were alerted by her yells.

She was whimpering softly in my arms when she was pulled away from me by her dad who scooped her up in his arms. Rose's mum ran over to them and hugged her taking her from his husband's arms.