#13

*edited*

Rose Mortimer:

Months have passed, Christmas, Wolf's sweet sixteen birthday party and now we are a few days away from my eighteenth birthday! Kendyn and I have been doing really well and it was a little weird at school at first but with my best friend and my brothers by my side, all was well.

Bryan didn't look my way and when he did it was only to glare at me. I couldn't shake off the feeling that he is up to something but I know that he couldn't hurt a fly even if he wanted too but now I'm not so sure.

"Mi Rosa, what are you thinking about?" my gorgeous boyfriend interrupted me in my thoughts.

"Nothing.." I continued looking around the canteen.

"Babe... I know there is something." he pulled me into his chest playing with the ends of my hair.

"I just.. I can't rub off the feeling that things aren't going to end well." I huffed.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know, forget it. I'm just being paranoid." I smiled up at him but I could see that he only half believed me but I was glad that he didn't push it.

My party was tomorrow and I was glad that we were Friday. I spent the rest of my evening cuddle up with my baby brother and the twins up in the family movie room. We were soon joined by Carter and my mum. My dad Kendyn, Wolf and Damon, as well as my uncles, were all at the warehouse to sort out some business and to start showing the rope to Wolf now that he was sixteen. He and Ryder will be in charge of my mum's half of the gang when they will become of age.

I woke up the next morning to my mum humming happy birthday in my ear running her hand through my hair to keep my locks out of my face.

"Morning mummy." I yawned.

"Morning my princess. Happy birthday." she smiled down at me hugging me.

"Time to get up for your special birthday breakfast."

"Pancakes in heart shapes?" I asked my interest peeked.

"Yes, baby just like when you were little." she giggled at my enthusiasm.

I stood up and got ready then headed downstairs to be greeted by all my family members. Tears came to my eyes as I hugged nanny Clair, Granddad Sean, all my uncles, Ryder, Aunty Annie, all my sibling and my parents. Being all of them stood my lovely boyfriend with a bouquet of pale pink carnations.

"Happy birthday Mi Rosa." we kissed then he handed me my favourite flowers.

"Thank you, they are beautiful." I smiled up at him and kissed him again.

"Ok enough with the PDA. Virgin eyes are present." Uncle Paul screeched placing his hands over Alex and Amelia's eyes, the two youngest that were the closest to him.

I blushed bright red and hid my face in Kendyn's chest. After breakfast, I got ready and headed back downstairs. I sat next to nanny Clair and Kendyn.

"For you my princess." my dad handed me a small envelope. I smiled up at him to see my mother in his arms smiling back at me.

"You got me tickets to the Russian ballet? In Russia?!" I squealed. They both nodded at me.

"THANK YOU!!" I screamed jumping into their arms kissing both of their cheeks.

The presents continued coming. Carter got me new vans shoes. Wolf got me new bracelets, Clair got me books and so forth.

"I'll give you my present later Mi Rosa," Kendyn whispered in my ear rubbing his thumb over my knee. I bit my lip and nodded my head.