Sometimes to stay alive, you gotta kill your mind

"I had to do it,,, what they were saying was none sense" I kept muttering to myself while looking at the two dead body in front of my.
"I had to do it, yeah I know they helped me out but we will kill each other in the end right? Only one winner is allowed yes" and nodding to myself
"Even If some miracle happened and we did run away, we have to hide for the rest of our life I don't want that! And it can be worse if they caught me, I will be turned to avox no no I cant let that happen and they,,,,, they didn't trust me anyway they would've kill me if not because they don't trust me then it will be because am injured, yea I will slow them down so they will do it "
"I think that winning this is a lot easier than running away, yes this is exactly why I did it"

"11 Died in the first day, then 5 in the next, yea my team was with them,,,,"

"But it's alright it's not like we can survive together, then with these two it will be 4 that's twenty fallen tribute, so only four remain including me, so I just have to kill three then it will be over!"

I start to laugh "I can do this! I actually can! I will kill them and return home like nothing happen!"
,,,, "oh fuck, right I don't have my bow, GOD DAMN IT" I stand up and went to their bags to check but only wires and throwing knife was there, I empty it and put the remaining fruits and filled the water and start walking.

My leg brace was heavy so I have to find a plan for this I didn't notice that I was muttering to myself all the time "one way or million other, one way or million other" until I stopped.

Based in my experience from watching the old hunger games when there is few tribute remains they prepare the feast.

Which are used to bring the remaining tributes together, if the Game makers think the game is getting boring or slow and the location where it held usually in the Cornucopia.

So I decided to go back there and hide waiting for the three tributes and stab them while hiding with my knife.
And since the Cornucopia near the ruins, there are a lot of places to hide.

As soon I arrived I went inside one of the building and climb the stairs to sit near the window waiting cautiously, but no one appear In that day, and when the night came the usual photos of the fallen tributes start to show.
The girl from district 6 which I saw her got killed today and the other person which I only heard the canon sound was the boy from district 7 and lastly Tyler & Josh.

In The next 2 days nothing happened, I was waiting for nothing and no one died either, there is only three left only and am not going to die now that's am so close to win this!

But the problem is now am almost out of food and water and it would be hard for me to go back to the forest.
Just then the familiar silver parachute came landing I went to open the package and it was gumbo stew, I can tell from the smell that this is from my family since I grow up eating it.

I opened the letter that came with it and I was right, my mother send it writing "Hang in there & be patient" I couldn't help but to cry while eating.
Since I was a kid it never crossed my mind even for a second that there will be time where I want to see my family but I cant.

After half the day passed the announcement for the feast start.

"Attention, Tributes. Attention, there will be a feast tomorrow at the Cornucopia, This will be no ordinary occasion, each of you needs something desperately, and we plan to be generous hosts".

Oh I know exactly what I need! Which is my fucking bow, I spent my whole time in the private training session with it, and I didn't even touch it here!

I waited for the next morning to come while holding a brick from the broken walls, and just then I heard a slow steps from the road under my window, and it was the girl from district 9!

She was walking slowly leaning at the wall of the building am in, and as soon she is right under my window I threw the brick at her the hardest I can, and it hit her head, I rushed as fast as I could downstairs, as my foot still hurt but now this is the least I care.
I need to go to her before she regain her conscious, and as soon am next to her I took the brick again and start hitting her head none stop while screaming and I didn't stop until her head split in half.

I start to run to the Cornucopia, while gasping loudly for breath.

When I got so close to it, I can see there is a big package with my district number on it,
Suddenly I spotted Andy! He was running toward the Cornucopia but not as fast he used to be, he is clearly injured like me from the landmine incident.

Luckily I reached my package first and I opened and thank god it was the bow!
Just when I prepare the arrow to shot, Andy throw his axe right at my shoulder but still I released my finger from the Bowstrings and made the shot right throw his heart.

I start screaming while holding my shoulder, I wanted to take the axe out but it hurt and I start to get angry as am so close already "NOOOOOOOO , ONLY ONE! I WON'T DIE!!!!" I kept gasping loudly while waking out of the Cornucopia "WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU! I KNOW YOU ARE THERE!"

Just then another announcement started "Ladies and gentlemen, may I present the winner of the 73rd Annual Hunger Games, from district 4 Patrick stump".

"What? No no you are LYING, YOU ARE TRYING TO TRICK ME! THIS IS A TRAP!"

A hovercraft start to land, I wanted to prepare my arrow but couldn't thanks to the axe in my shoulder and the peacekeeper start coming to me, I tried to run but they grabbed my arms.

"GET AWAY FROM ME, NO AM SO CLOSE LEAVE ME" I kept thrashing to push them away until one of them raised he gun to hit me and once again everything darkened.