Darkness and Light

Darkness is not always evil, just as light is not always good.

Some people find comfort in the darkness, away from prying eyes and unwanted attention. 

Others seek comfort from the raging shadows and are shaken by the thought of the darkness swallowing them whole, of being lost or fading into the abyss.

Some see darkness as the absence of light. Others see it as an intrusion, an obscene force disturbing the balance in a world of light. 

If only we lived in a world of light.

We live in a world where something as simple as death is controversial, torn apart by ignorant beings and their oh- so important opinions. Is death a type of darkness, or is death sent from a being of light? Is death a blissful escape, or do you fall into never-ending torment?

And what of angels? Who's not to say that they, too, live in agony as they are forced to endure lives of solitude and obedience?

As for darkness and light, they could both be a form of evil, playing a game of destruction that is our world. Perhaps they, like us, are awaiting an end as they watch a child's swing sway back and forth, strolling among the other remnants of sanity and happiness.

Everything must come to an end, though light and darkness seem to stretch across eternity. Some have nothing else to look forward to. Others dedicate themselves to stop the cutting of the string. But there are other ways to end fate. Don't cut the string, and it'll light itself on fire, in spite. In the end, it'll do it job. 

Everything will meet its end.

-Raven-