Part 2: No break

"This won't get me far" Chris murmured. She had tried to do researches on Johnson via the normal internet in her apartment, but of course hadn't found anything useful and her new private laptop was not yet registered in the S.H.I.E.L.D. network so she could use their databases. And to be honest, after Johnson had slipped through your fingers numerous times, she did want to. Actually, she had started to use two laptops, having gotten slightly paranoid about the thought that her data might leak somehow. There was this one, that had stored all information she had collected and a second one meant for researches. There was without anything saved there and anything she would find was written down and later saved on the first laptop. She hoped that his way no one was able to hack her system and draw any data. Not that she was distrusting her fellow agents, but she didn't know every single one of them and you never know if there isn't one, who would sell information. Unfortunately, her research laptop hadn't yet arrived and so she was very limited in ger researches.
Seeing that this wasn't having any use, she considered either to just stop for the day or to drive to S.H.I.E.L.D. base to work there, but thought it would take some time to get to the headquarter, she knew that she wouldn't be able to relax anyway now that she had this firm lead. Outside the apartment building, she spotted the Stark tower, standing proud and bright in New York's night sky and she remembered hat she did have the permission to use the equipment there. Jarvis had told her this when she had left the day before.

Miss Flannigan, I can inform you that you have been authorized to use any areas and databases Stark Industries has to offer.

Honestly, she wasn't feeling completely comfortable using foreign technology for this but since Tony part of the Avengers and those somehow belonged to her organisation and since she wasn't in the mood to drive all across this unfamiliar and always busy town, she decided to give it a try.

Not long after this, she placed her Laptop on one of the desks of the tower's empty research office and slumped on the chair. Still a little hesitant, she turned on the computer, then opening her collected files about Taylor Johnson. A brief moment of resignation hit her at the sheer quantity of files she had accumulated over the years. So many hours of work and effort stuck in theses bytes and still she felt like she was not a single step closer to him than in the beginning. She just knew more about all the things he had done but had no idea how to get a hold him. Five years and she hadn't even seen him personally, while he probably didn't even know that she existed.

She sighed "No use to fall into self-pity". With this completely new abundance of possible data and information, she didn't really know where to start but at least there was always someone awake in this building, who was able to help her. "Jarvis?" "Yes, Miss Flannigan?" the A.I. replied so instantly, it almost startled her. It was a little irritating to talk to a computer program or call out to thin air, but o well, "Can you show me everything, you find about Taylor Johnson, born in Houston, Texas 1976?" "Right away"
Not a second later the computers screen was filled with newspaper articles, documents, Highschool yearbook pictures, contracts and what not and still they got more every second. When she said 'everything' he truly took her literally. The flood of information almost overwhelmed her, and she was about to sort out somethings about his childhood that she was considering as useless. The cursor was already floating over the X when she stopped. Maybe It actually didn't seem to be a bad idea to start at the very beginning and get to know her target all over again. Learning where he was coming from to find out where he was going to. It also might help her to get a different view onto this "Please sort this for my by date". The different windows quickly reorganized themselves on screen and soon a timeline was created.
"Ok, let's start this". She pulled headphones from her bag and was about to them into her laptop but stopped. For tasks like this she had a special classic playlist but now that she was trying a new approach, she also was considering different music. New input for her brain for hopefully new and useful output. She thought about what kind of music she was listening to was farthest away from classic and in the end decided for Heavy Metal. "I will just use Mr. Starks work playlist" Jarvis replied to her request and Chris quickly connected headphones to the computer. "Perfect" she noted satisfied when Paranoid blasted into her ears.