Part 6: No commitment

Did the last day really happen?
Everything seemed so surreal just thinking about it. The whole mission to get Johnson, finally having him trapped and his suicide. Then in the end, to top all of it that deal with Tony that had led to this amazing night, she was unable to describe.

A shudder ran through her body and she felt the pleasing arch between her legs, that proved that this in fact had been real. Slowly waking more and more she also became aware of the arm that was loosely trapped on her thigh and the regular breathing that kept ruffling the small hair on her temples.
Hesitantly, she glanced over her shoulder, a little afraid that someone else was laying there and that still half of last night's events had been a dream. But it was Tony who sleeping there peacefully, and her heart gave the smallest jump. His hair was a complete mess from where she had grabbed it with her hands, and also the skin of his neck carried the traces of her passion.

One of the big questions she had kept asking herself while she had been standing with him in the community room and that was what would happen after and how she would feel about this man.
Carefully to not wake him, she turned and took a closer look, listening to what her heart was telling her. A smile was tugging at her lips, but they did have an amazing night together, so this was nothing she would find to worry about.
But else? No wildly beating heart. Ok maybe a little, but once again- amazing night. No effusive thoughts that urged her to believe that this man was the one and only love of her life. It still was simply Tony. The charming and often dorky genius, who she did like but didn't suddenly love.
No, at this point, everything still was as she and Tony had settled it.

"Just you and me. Some harmless fun. Helping you to relax. No strings attached"

She was relaxed and to be honest, she felt much better than she had in a long time. She was humming with zest and since there was no reason to remain in this bed, be it romantic or energetic, she decided to get up.
A pleasant sigh, then smiling cheerfully, she slipped out of the bed and stretched. This was going to be a good day. The smallest giggle escaped her as sudden euphoria washed over her.
Her clothes were still scattered in the bathroom fortunately all more or less dried. Already wearing her leather pants, she reached for the tank top, but she found it to still be damp. Her eyes fell on Tony's shirt. She would return it to him later. With the rest of her clothes tugged under her arm and swaying hips, she left the bathroom. If she had known that sex could have this effect, she would have gone for a one-night-stand a long time ago. She had been no virgin, but she hadn't once felt like this afterwards.
Maybe it hadn't been because of what she had done but with whom.
At the sudden thought she turned around and looked through the open bedroom door at the still peacefully sleeping man. She kept her eyes on him and the world seemed to freeze for a few seconds, then shook her head and had to laugh at herself.
You're helpless, Christine

Inside the elevator, the mirrors reflected her appearance. Messy hair fell around sparkling eyes, rosy cheek and onto not really matching clothes. A way too big shirt and leather pants. Quick she decided to get herself back in order and to redress. Though in New York no one would care how she was looking on her way home, but she didn't want to cross the tower's lobby like that, feeling like it would be imprinted on her forehead what she had done.
Fortunately, her friend was one to get up early, so it didn't take long for her to open her door after Christine had knocked. Natasha looked her up and down then lifted one accusing brow. A smutty smile spread on her face "Young Lady, where have you been last night?"
Blushing lightly, Chris quickly ushered her in the room and closed the door before anyone else would hear them. She wasn't ashamed about what she had done, still she didn't want everyone around to know about it. The leather jacket and the damp shirt landed on the couch and Natasha's eyes widened when spotting the shirt, she was wearing. "Christine? What have you done?". Like she didn't already know. Chris stopped any rambling with a raised finger and a stern expression "Before you say anything. Yes, I slept with him, but it was just a one-time-thing and I am not suddenly deeply in love". Quickly, she gave a summary about the mission and the aftermath. Her friend looked at her intently for a few seconds, but eventually just shrugged "Okay" "Okay?". Christine's jaw dropped.
Natasha laughed and ruffled her already chaotic hair "The thing I've been worried about was that you would interpret everything as a romantic relationship, like you had done with too many men before. But since it just had been some fun between two grown-ups, as grown up Tony can be, I don't care. Have fun!"