13

Kevin's POV

I sat in my office staring at my laptop unable to do any work. I couldn't believe Alexis was pregnant, but why wasn't I happy about it? I've always wanted to be a father, but Alexis just doesn't seem like the right person to have a kid with. The only person I could ever picture as my children's mother was Brianna Brown. 

To be honest, she's the only girl I've ever felt something for, I had met Alexis a few months ago, she seemed like a girl I could deal with. I mean the girl had no idea who I was which was a good sign that she wasn't after my money or my name, the first few months were fine. I met her family and everything was going fine until Brianna showed up. 

She turned my world upside down once more, all of my old buried up feelings started coming up. Everything I felt about her and the fact that she hadn't changed since high school made it even harder to get rid of them. She was still the smart ass, kind, sweet, and party going girl I had fallen in love with back in high school. 

However, she was right. I ended our relationship, I ruined everything we had that night when I decided to break her heart. "Come in," I said after I hear someone knock on my office door. It was most likely Alexis, I had called her over to deal with the issue. 

She walked into the room, her heels clicking on the ceramic floor. "Hi," I greeted her as she took a seat across from me. She crossed her arms over her chest, "Alexis, I am so sorry, I didn't mean to do this. I was just in a confusing place," I told her honestly.

She uncrossed her arms and gave me a small smile, "Kev, let's just get this over with. It's my fault, I was wishing for something that wasn't there. You're obviously taken by your wife," she added. "I just want what's best for this baby," she said touching her stomach.

"How far along are you?" I asked her.

"Two months," she answered. 

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked her. I couldn't believe she kept this away from me for two whole months. I told her that I wanted kids, why would she do this?

"I don't know," she answered. 

"Okay," I said not asking any further questions. "I want to be in the baby's life," I said. "No matter what happens to us, I want to do this," I told her.

"Okay, I have to get going. I have dinner with my parents, but we can further discuss this tomorrow," she said. She grabbed her bag and made her way out of the room. I stared at the door she just exited from, I couldn't believe my life has really come to this.

I was having a baby with someone I didn't love, I wanted to get married then have kids. I ruined that chance exactly twelve years ago.

"NYU's a great school, you'll just have to change your plan a little bit, you'll be fine," she attempted to assure him.  She was doing what she does the best, encouraging me. NYU was a great school, but it still wasn't my dream. I had my whole life planned out and now I felt like my whole life was falling apart.

I felt like the only person holding me together right now was Brianna. She was the only good thing I had in my life, my dad was bothering me about majoring in business so I can take over one day and my mom being her was supporting him. It wasn't that I didn't want to major in business, it was the fact that he planned what I had to do. "Yeah," I answered her lazily knowing she was waiting for an answer.

She looked down digging into her food, I smiled internally looking at her beautiful face, I didn't know what I did to deserve this. My phone began to ring, I took it out and looked at the caller I.D. I frowned, that person barely called me which mean it was already associated with bad news. "Give me two seconds," I told Bri raising my two fingers up. She nodded her head and I walked a few feet away from her.

I didn't like to keep secrets from her, but she couldn't hear this conversation. And I loved her more for not questioning me about it. "Hello," I said answering the phone.

"Hi Kevin," her chirpy voice said on the other side of the line. "How are you?" She asked her voice full of sarcasm. I didn't answer, I stayed silent on the line. My heart was beating a million beats a second not knowing what she was going to say next. She held one of my biggest secrets, one wrong word coming out of her mouth could ruin everything. "Cat caught your tongue?" She asked bringing me down to Earth.

"No," I answered her. "Look I'm on a date with Brianna, you know it's our anniversary so can we possibly do this some other time?" I asked her.

"Oh, that's why I'm calling," she said as if just making a realization. "I want you to break up with her," she said.

"Why would you want that?" I asked her. I didn't see how me breaking up with Brianna was any of her concern and why would she even want that to begin with. 

"Because I do," she answered as if what she was asking me to do was nothing. "Kev, it's either you break up with her or I'll ruin you," she said. "Or," she said. "You could just tell her the truth," she said. I looked over Brianna, she gave me a smile, but I couldn't manage to return it. I couldn't imagine telling her the truth, I'd rather break up with her than tell her my secret. 

"I'll stick with breaking up with her," I said. "Just please don't tell her the truth, Lucy," I hung up the phone and made my way back to the table.

I rubbed my tired eyes thinking about that painful day. My phone rung, I looked at the caller ID to see that it was Brianna calling me. "Hello," I said answering the phone.

"Hello," she said over the phone her speech sounding a little slurred. "Do you know how many people have brown eyes?" She asked over the phone.

"Are you drunk?" I asked her.

"Maybe," she answered. "Anyways, I just got home. Kev, it's Friday and it's ten p.m. Get your ass home," she said. I checked the time to see that it was late. "Come home!" She yelled hanging up the phone. I chuckled and packed my stuff to get home.

AN

A little Kevin for those who wanted it...

Why would Lucy want him to break up with Brianna? Lucy's her best friend...

Au Revoir...