Epilogue

About six years later...

"A zero budget is the best way to save money," I said to my students. They all looked at the board taking notes from the PowerPoint. "Just remember part of your budget should be your savings account. It is never too early to start saving, you can start small and make your way up." 

"Mrs. Reynolds," one of my students said raising his hands. I nodded my head to tell him he got my undivided attention. "What if you don't have money to save?" He asked. 

"I'm sure you do," I replied. "Do you get an allowance?" I asked him. He nodded his head, "exactly, it's always a good thing to have some cash put away for emergencies. You guys have to be the generation that changes things, enough debts and credit cards, use cash," I told them. "The earlier and younger you guys start, the better it is," he nodded his head as he continued to take notes. 

I smiled looking around at my classroom, it brought joy to my heart to see all of then interested in learning about Personal Finance. I was hesitant to take that job remembering how badly students treat their teachers, but Kevin convinced me it was going to be fine. It was fine, I enjoyed teaching way better than working for a company. With teaching, I was able to put something in the young minds maybe one-day changing the debted society we live in. "Mrs. Reybolds," one of my students called me again.

"Should you be here?" She asked me pointing to my stomach. I looked down at my stomach smiling, I rubbed my hands on it and then looked up at her.

"I am not due for another month," I said passing my hands in the air. "I'll be fine, my feet hurts though," I added. She laughed accompanied by the rest of the class. "Anyways, guys take out your packet from yesterday, we have to finish it before exams next week," they all went into their bags searching for the work I had given them. "Now if we finish pages," I went to the board writing the pages down. 

I stopped writing when I felt a quick pain and water running down my legs, I sighed and turned around. "Mrs. Reynolds, um... I think your water broke," they said. I nodded my head and took deep breaths trying to stay as calm as I can. I could do this, I told myself. I wasn't due for another month but I was prepared. I watched many videos about this. "Should we call the ambulance?" 

"No," I said grabbing my stuff from my desk, "I'm fine, go to the office and tell Ms. B I had to leave," one of the girls quickly nodded her head and ran out the room. "I'll see you guys in a few months, do not give the sub a  hard time," I told them. They nodded their heads and looked at me weirdly. I felt pain rush through my body, I held my stomach holding down my teeth not to scream, "I'm fine," I said when it finally passed.

The contractions weren't that bad, I could make it to the hospital. I walked out of my classroom and made my way to the parking lot. I put my bag down and put the key in the ignition. "Call Kevin," I told my car. The number started to dial and rung shortly after. After a few seconds, he answers the phone.

"Hey sweetheart," he said over the phone. "I thought you had class?" He asked. 

"Change of plans," I told him.

"What do you mean change of plans?" He asked me. I sped my way to the hospital, "sweetheart, where are you?"

"On my way to the hospital," I told him, "I think the baby's coming," I said. The baby was definitely coming. 

"What?!" Kevin screamed over the phone. "What do you mean the baby's coming, we still have another month," I could feel noises on the line. "Oh God," he said. "I'm so unprepared," I shook my head. I already knew this was going to happen. "What am I supposed to do again?" He asked me. I could feel the panicking in his voice, I laughed. I was almost at the hospital anyway.