36

"It's fine," he answered. He said it was, but I could see that he was anything but fine. His family was special to him, he spent most of his life trying to please them. When we were younger, he couldn't stop talking about something his dad and him did together over a weekend or what prank him and his sisters played on their parents.

"You reap what you sow," he said after a while. 

"Don't say that," I told him. The statement was true, but he didn't deserve any of that. His family shouldn't stop talking to him for something he did, he made a mistake and we're all human, we all make mistakes. I believe his family should forgive him, however, they needed some time.

"Why?" He asked, "you know it's true," he added. I turned my attention back to the television, the place went silent. The sound of the television only can be heard playing. I looked over at Kevin, his eyes fixed on the television. Then, I realized how bad our lives were. It was Christmas for God's sake and we were sitting on a sofa being miserable. 

So, what if his family doesn't want to talk to him? It would hurt at first, but as long as you know you did your part and tried to fix the relationship. So what if everyone in my life betrayed me? I lived all of my life believing that there was still good in the world, that everyone around me was perfect. However, I discovered the truth. I discovered how life was, a little too late, but I discovered it regardless. 

I think it's part of the human nature to lie, betray, be selfish. It was a mistake for me to think any different, it was a mistake for me to trust those around me. I only came out looking stupid, I should have followed my guts, I shouldn't have hope for something that wasn't there. "Kev," I called him. He turned and looked at me, "enough feeling sorry for ourselves, okay?" I asked him. "Now, it's Christmas, let's have fun," I said.

"What?" He asked. I took the remote and changed it to dance songs, Kevin looked at me with a weird face. I got up from the sofa and started dancing to the song Despacito playing on the television. 

 Tú, tú eres el imán y yo soy el metal
Me voy acercando y voy armando el plan
Solo con pensarlo se acelera el pulso (Oh yeah)  

I sing along as the song goes, Kevin looked at me with a crazy face, "what are you doing?" He asked. He chuckled and put his hand over his face, I laughed. I grabbed his hand and lift him up, he stood staring at me.

"We are going to dance and have fun tonight, tomorrow we can go back to our pathetic lives," I said. 

"I don't dance," he replied. 

"Everyone dances," I told him, "just move that hot body of yours to the rhythm and just let your body do the work, don't think about it."

"I have a hot body?" He asked. I laughed, that's all he heard in that entire conversations. I said many things, but I guess I should have left out the part about him being hot. I nodded my head to let him just have his little moment. "Thank you for the compliment," he thanked me. "But we both know that you're hotter," he added. 

The song continued to play in the background, I didn't mind, I started to move my body to the beat of the song. I never danced professionally or anything, but dancing was always something I enjoyed. It didn't matter what type of song, there is just a way you feel when you let your body go. It felt like I didn't have a care in the world, I grabbed Kevin's hand and he finally started dancing. "Not so bad, is it?" I asked over the music. He nodded his head and continued to dance. 

Happy by Pharrell Williams started playing and I stopped dancing to get some water because I was thirsty, I walked to the kitchen and took a bottle of water gulping it down my throat, I walked back to the living room thinking that Kevin stopped dancing, but he was still moving his body to the song playing. 

I took a seat on the floor near the sofa watching him. And he said he didn't dance, he looked so are free and he seemed happy. The song ended and I clapped he turned around startled, "that was amazing," I complimented him. He sat next to me on the floor, "I told you that you could dance," I added.

"I never said I couldn't, I said I didn't," he corrected. "I can do anything I put my mind to," I made a stupid face. He really was turning into a philosopher or something. He leaned his head on the sofa and I did the same staring at the ceiling as a song by Ed Sheeran played in the background. The song made me feel like falling asleep, all of Sheeran's songs had that effect, they were just soothing. 

I chuckled remembering something, "remember what doing anything that you put your mind to got you?" I asked him. 

"What?" He asked. He wouldn't know, he had all these moments when he thought he could do anything he wanted. 

"You almost died," I said. "You said you could race your dad who used to race as a hobby as a kid I might add," he laughed thinking about that moment. He ended up hitting the car into a tree to avoid hitting someone who was walking on the sidewalk. His dad told him not to race, but he said he wanted to. "It's okay not to be able to do something," he rolled his eyes. 

After a while, he started laughing about it also. "What are you doing next Friday?" He asked me. 

"Um... Friday is New Year's Eve, don't know yet," I said thinking about it. New Year's Eve, Lucy and I usually go to a party, but I doubt I would want to go without her. She was always my party partner, we love partying together. Alexis is not much of a partier, she gets drunk easily. She can't handle alcohol and no one is fun after getting drunk. No matter how much I tried to hide it, I missed her.  I hated her for making me miss her, it wasn't easy getting rid of someone you used to share all your life with. 

We were inseparable back in the day. I wanted to go back to us laughing about the stupid things, making fun of people we see walk the streets, crushing on celebrities we will never have. I missed her for all these things, she always knew the right words to say when I needed it. "Why?" I asked him.

"The company's having a New Year's Eve ball, I was wondering if you'd like to accompany me?" He asked. "You don't have to or anything," he continued, "just thought you would want to considering you-"

"Kevin," I stopped him from rambling, "I didn't say no," I told him. 

"So, will you come?" He asked.

"Sure," I said. It wouldn't hurt to go to a ball with him, it could just be a night of having fun and being out of the house. It went silent after that, songs continued to play in the background. I sat up and stopped leaning on the sofa. I looked at Kevin, his eyes were closed as he nodded his head to the beat of the song. I didn't know if he felt me staring at him, but he opened his eyes staring at me also. I put my head down in embarrassment. 

He sat up also leaving us inches apart, "is there a particular reason for staring at me?" He asked. I shook my head no, he took my hand holding it in his. I looked down at our hands holding each other, he took his other hand and put it under his chin lifting my head up to look at him. He leaned over and kissed my lips gently. It didn't feel sexual, it felt sweet. It felt the same way it felt when he kissed me for the first time years ago. Years ago, when he shut me up when I wouldn't stop talking about H2O. His kiss felt like it was the first time we've ever kissed, he pulled away and looked me in the eye possibly checking my eyes for disappointment.

He removed his hands from me, "I should go," he said. I nodded my head slightly, he got up and gathered his things. I got up also, "I'll pick you up on Friday unless you want to drive there. No, I'm taking you, of course, I should pick you up, that's what a gentleman would do," he rambled on. "I don't even think it matters, how do you prefer to get there?" He turned asking me. 

I shook my head and pulled him towards me by his shirt, I kissed him. He pulled away surprised, "I don't care," I told him kissing him again. 

AN

Crappy chapter, sorry...

Au Revoir...