i am concerned

Hiya!

I haven't updated in a while. Today, im not really sure if it's a pet peeve but Im just really worried, lately, about the younger demographic (mainly females) who read the romance and teen fiction novels here. 

First. 

I'm pretty sure it's universally acknowledged now that writing is escapism. 

Yeah. ESCAPE-IZM. 

Writing for some is a way for us to escape the boring and regular everyday aspects of life

Writing for some is a way for us to escape the boring and regular everyday aspects of life. You wake up at 6, go to work, get yelled at, et stressed, go home, **lingering stress**, eat, sleep. 

This could be the everyday life for an office worker (with a very irritable boss). But reading a chick-lit where a woman in a similar position finally snaps at her boss, kicks him in the balls (please don't do this) and quits her job like a champion would be the most entertaining and funny thing to read. Especially if the person reading has fantasied so many times about doing it (or relieving their stress in a more non-violent way – cardio, yoga, naptime).

What I'm worried about, however, is that the influx of teen fiction or romance, bordering on erotica may begin to deceive girls even younger than I am about the dating and adult world. 

Of course I know many only read it because it's there – they're not actually applying it to their everyday life – but I only hope this can serve as a warning for those who've yet to make that distinction between fantasy and reality. 

They're fiction for a reason. 

No matter how similar to the real world they may seem, if they are not a biography or documentary or anything that has occurred in the real world, do not associate it with the real world. 

It's easy to get caught up in the perfect world and to seek that out around you. 

But you probably won't find it, no matter how close. Draw the line, and draw it quickly. 

I know many of you may already know not to expect certain things of people (I'll stop coding it – this is especially for the dating world) you may find yourself subconsciously making comparisons. 

My only message. Be careful. 

I hope this reached anyone reading. If I wasn't understandable, just drop a comment and I'll gladly go into more detail. 

Thank you for reading! :)