Chapter 40

**Chapter 40**

Delilah sits in a hard fold up chair next to Zach by the big long table filled with gifts for Astrid. Everyone had waited out by the front door until William, Astrid and Nicoletta's dad came in and told them to shout 'Sirprise' when Astrid came in. That's just what they did.

Astrid came in with her mom and everyone had shouted surprise loud enough to wake the dead, not really but close enough.

Astrid comes back into the room with no shoes and a new pair of black leggings, surprisingly the leggings went perfectly with her silvery dress that was mid thigh.

Arabella smiles at her and then claps her hands. She turns to face everyone.

"Alright! Party time everyone. Find some skates that fit and get your dancing feet out on that Ice Rink! I wanna see some moves out there." Arabella says. Astrid's face turns beet red.

"Mom!" She hisses at her.

"What honey, did I say something wrong?"

"Please, don't ever say dancing feet again!" She says in a horrified tone.

"Alright." Arabella laughs.

Astrid shakes her head and grabs her skates from her chair at the front, everyone else who is skating does the same.

Astrid never stops smiling as she drags her boyfriend Kile and Hales out on their skates out of the cramped party room.

Jace holds the door open and Nicoletta hobbles in. Poor Nicoletta, she can't skate with her leg, it's a shame since she loved to skate and has been doing it since she was little.

Nicoletta hobbles over to Delilah and Zach and Jace pulls out a chair for her.

"Thank you, Jace." She says and smiles at him.

"Don't mention it, love." He says and smiles.

Nicoletta sighs and stretches her good leg.

"You made it." She smiles at Delilah and Zach.

"Well we have nothing better to do at home." Zach says.

"They still have construction going on in Zach's guest house so it's kinda loud to be outside in the pool." Delilah sighs.

"Well either way, I'm glad you could make it." She says and hugs her.

Jace sits down in the chair next to her as everyone rushes out of the little room with their skates already on.

"I feel like Jace is my body gaurd." Nicoletta laughs and smiles at him.

"Why?" Delilah laughs with her.

"Because he was ordered by my mother to follow me around today to make sure I don't kill myself since I am the world's biggest clutz."

"Well that's true. You trip on a flat surface." Delilah laughs. Zach chuckles at the joke and Jace tries to hide his snickers.

"No, the floor just needs a hug once in a while, that's all." Nicoletta says with a smile in her voice.

"Right." Zach chuckles.

Nicoletta laughs. "Besides, Jace almost had to beat up that creep at the register." Nicoletta shudders.

"Goatee guy?" Delilah asks.

"Yeah, him. He was being a total creep towards me and Jace almost beat him up." She smiles at Jace who smiles back.

"Who, this Jace?" Delilah points at Jace on the other side of Nicoletta. "He doesn't look like he could hurt a fly though."