CHAPTER 1

(A/N: Both these incidents here are taking place in a different setting, so please do not get confused

(A/N: Both these incidents here are taking place in a different setting, so please do not get confused.)

10:30pm, in a Posh Office in London.

The 25 years old man sighed as he had been flipping through his files. His back was aching as well as his muscles were sore sitting in his swivel chair for the last nine hours. Even the 10th cup of coffee could not eradicate his throbbing temples.

He was dead tired after attending meetings since morning and checking through the heap of files lying on his table. Stress was clearly painted on his face as there were several creases on his forehead. All he wanted to was lying down on his cozy king-sized bed and have a good seven hours sleep but that would just be a dream as he had to go through the papers and re-correct the 'corrections' made by his secretary.

"Indolent fools. Why do I even hire staff when I have do the work all by myself?" He grumbled, as he pointed out several errors in the tender that he was going through, creasing his forehead further. The young CEO was so annoyed with the presentation of work that the air-conditioner of the room could not help him cool down. Even with loosened tie and folded sleeves, he could feel both heat and anger radiating off his body.

Placing the file on the 'corrected' lot, he gently massaged his strained neck. As he picked up the next one, a tap at the door was heard. "Come in." He said, massaging his temples with a scowl on his face.

"Why are you still here in the office while the rest have left?" The pink-haired man who entered asked.

"Because I am working. Lots of work has piled up which I am going to finish by tonight." The man on the swivel chair deadpanned. "What brings you here for third consecutive day in my office? As far as my knowledge goes, should you not be with your boyfriend now?"

"I am worried about you. For the last few days you haven't slept properly Jungkook. Just look at yourself, tousled hair, bags under the eyes, stubbles not shaved. What have you done to yourself?" The concerned man said, with his hand on his shoulder.

"Jimin, thank you for your concern but I can look after myself."

"You can't. Don't you think there should be someone waiting for you at home, after a hectic day at work, whose warm smile can expel all the tiredness away from you, one who will lend you his shoulder to cry on, who will treasure you like the most precious gem, who will love you unconditionally for who you are?"

"Look Chim, after my several failed relationships, I don't even want to attempt searching for one. I am fine without it." Jungkook said strongly, reverting his gaze to the sickening sheet of paper in front of him.

"No you aren't. Kook, your previous relationships ended in a failure because your past lovers were after your wealth. As long as you pampered them with expensive gifts, they continued to pretend to be in love with you but after your father's death, when the company began to crumble, none of them stayed. All those promises of their so-called everlasting love were nothing but fake. "