CHAPTER 5

(A/N: The picture above ain't mine. Credit goes to rightful owners.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jungkook could feel his heart racing with presentiment, after all, his eyes were going to be blessed by the face of the person (or at least he had thought so) whom he had been searching all day long, the one whose thought never left his mind for the last five years.

Five years. For the last five years he had been living with the guilt of breaking the heart of an angel. He hoped that the object of his affection forgives him for the collateral damage that he had caused years ago, with the promise of repairing it with whatever it takes. Heck he would even take his very heart of his body and present it at his feet if he ever asked for it, so intense was the young chairman's determination.

Time appeared to have stopped. Jungkook could even feel the thrumming of his heart in his head with anxiety. His eyes had grown wide and his palms were sweating in fear. Five seconds, no five and a half seconds it exactly took for the man to turn around (Jungkook had actually counted) and reveal his ipseity. He had squeezed his eyes shut as to not panic in a mart full of people.

One.

Two.

Three.

He took three deep breaths before opening his eyes, slowly, imitating the blooming of a flower.

Go.

"Sorry?"

The voice seemed very unfamiliar. On opening his eyes, Jungkook was greeted with a disappointing sight. The man whom he had taken for Seokjin was not him, to begin with instead, he was just a stranger. He felt as if his heart, which had swelled with happiness and anxiety, had deflated like a balloon.

"I'm sorry." Jungkook mumbled a quick apology and took his leave.

Maybe, his quest for his beloved caused him to imagine Seokjin everywhere around him. Maybe he was weighed down by both physical and mental exhaustion. Maybe it was due to the jet lag and needed to rest properly. It could have been either of the reasons. Or maybe he didn't know the reason at all.

With slow steps, he trudged towards his car parked outside. Tossing the contents of his hand in the backseat, he plopped down in the driver's seat and drove back home in a pensive mood.

---

"Finished buying your toy?" An amused Taehyung asked Seokjin when he saw him approaching towards his car, against which the older was leaning.

"No hyung." Seokjin pouted. "The figurine which I wanted was nowhere available. I have searched for it in every supermarket, they are now out of stock. I couldn't buy it for my s-" The younger was interrupted by the ringing of his cell phone in his pocket.

"Oh yes hyung, we are almost there." Seokjin disconnected the call after an extremely short conversation.

"So, ready to go?"

"We've almost reached. My home is just a block away from here."

"Oh, that's great! I'll walk you back."

"Are you sure about it?"

"Yes I am certain, Seokjin." Taehyung replied with determination. He chuckled mentally as he would be reliving this very famous scene of the lead actor walking his love interest home, which is shown in every romantic drama and had even performed it.

The streets of the city rested in silence as the starry black sky swept over it. Street lamps cast their sulfurous glow on the faded asphalt. Small, green trees swayed on the roadside as the strong breeze hit them. Even for a time like 8 o'clock, the road was surprisingly desolate.