Chapter 1: The Beginning

Disclaimer I don't own any of the charcters except Jackie and any other charcters I make up through out the story. All rights go to Marvel. The story will loosely follow the films and I'll add some of my ideas as well. I hope you enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At 5 years old Jacqueline Rogers wanted to be everywhere her brother, Steve, was. However at the age of 7, Steve wanted nothing to do with his annoying tag along little sister. So when Steve yelled at Jaqueline to go away and she ran tearfully to her mother, Sarah,  it was no surprise.

"Now, Now mo stór. Steve just wants to be independent." Her mother reasures her , in her native gaelic tongue, while she cookes and Jacqueline sits at the table.

"He doesn't have to be so mean about it." Jacqueline huffs, "I just wanted to play with him and Bucky."

Her mother gives a small smile before responding, "Steve is getting older Jackie and he wants to do his own thing with his friends without you

Her mother gives a small smile before responding, "Steve is getting older Jackie and he wants to do his own thing with his friends without you."

"But Bucky's my friend too." Jacqueline pouts.

Sarah laughs and touches Jacqueline's cheek, "You'll understand when you're older."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At age 15 Jacqueline had grown into a nice young lady. She shared her mother's platinum hair and her father's dark eyes. Jacqueline had never met her father, as he had died before she had the chance to remember him. She was cute, charming and very shy, but exceptionally brilliant for her age. As a child she always enjoyed school, and loved mathematics and science. She was so brilliant that she had moved up two grades in her science and math classes, and was placed in the same class Bucky and Steve were in. Having a photographic memory also contributed to her brilliance.

Jacqueline had just arrived home from her friend Mary's house only to find Bucky sitting in the kitchen reading the newspaper.

"Bucky you scared me," Jacqueline chuckles while starting a pot of coffee

"Sorry Jay Bird. I didn't mean to scare you," Bucky smirks putting the paper down on the table while Jacqueline rolls her eyes at the nickname.

She was 10 when Bucky had bestowed the silly nickname on her. It was after Bucky caught her singing to the radio, much to Jacqueline's humiliation as she thought she was alone. Despite Bucky's protest that she sounded lovely she never sang in front of him again. He gave her the nickname Jay Bird because she had a supposed lovely singing voice.

"What are you doing here?" Jacqueline asks. "Steve won't be home for a little bit. Mother has fell ill again and he had to take her to the doctor."

Jacqueline hands Bucky a cup of coffee and he mutters a thank you before taking a long sip before replying to Jacqueline's question. "Steve told me about him taking your mother to the doctors. He asked me to hang around your house, to make sure you're okay."