Chapter 19: Blue vs. Red

It took all of five minutes the next morning to realize that Bucky and Jacqueline were together. It was announced by a hungover Clint who caught them holding hands and started to sing "Bucky and Jackie sitting in the tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" He was then cut off by Natasha hitting him on the back of the head. It took another month after that for Steve and Tony to admit that they are together. Everyone saw it coming but acted pleasantly surprised and were happy for them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been months since any one of the Avengers went on a mission. Thor had returned to Asgard and everyone was stir crazy. One night Natasha had enough and gathered everyone on the living room.

"Ok I get that we don't have any missions, but I am going to go crazy if we don't do something," Natasha exclaims, "So I was thinking we could go laser tagging."

"Laser Tagging?" Steve asks.

"We'll catch you up later grandpa," Clint says, "Laser tag sounds fun."

"I like the idea." Tony says and grabs Steve's hand, "Don't worry I'll teach you how to play."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay so Tony paid off the owners so it's just the 10 of us." Jacqueline states, "Team red is Tony, Steve, Natasha, Wanda, and Bucky. Team Blue, aka the better team, is me, Bruce, Sam, Clint, and Vision."

"And remember shots on the shoulders stun you for 5 seconds, and chest and back shots stun you for 10." Tony adds.

Everyone was given 20 seconds to scatter before the lights dimmed and the game started.

"Alright what's the plan Jack in the box?" Sam asks.

Jacqueline rolls her eyes but says, "Alright here's the plan. Clint stay on the outside and monitor the perimeter, or if you're aloud to climb, scout there. Bruce and Vision stay together, watch out for each others backs and shoot if you see red. Sam and I will do the same."

They all nod and split up. Sam and Jacqueline walk and hid behind a fake boulder.  "I can't believe you voluntarily choose me to be your partner," Sam smiles.