Mission: Failed

Chapter 1- Mission: Failed

Harry

"Harry, Harry are you in position? Harry Come in Harry!" Liam screeched into my ears. Well not really into my ears but into the little earpiece hidden inside my ears. They looked like "ears" you know those earpiece thingies that all singers wear while performing and that's what I am a singer. But, what people don't know is our ears were special we could talk and hear each other and management through them.

I smiled at the girl in front of me as I flashed my charming grin at her. She twirled her hair and touched my shoulder as she casually bent down making her cleavage more visible. I am a man you know so that movement made me forget Liam and I flipped my curls and said, "Hello gorgeous, I didn't catch your name."

"That's because I didn't tell you," she replied batting her eyelashes at me.

I couldn't take my eyes of off her and I stared at her unblinking and composed myself to say something breathtaking I don't know what but before I could think of anything I could hear Louis's voice shrieking in my ears, "Hazza!! Are you in position? Hazza?"

Man I thought I need to move. I winked at the girl and said, "I guess it's my unlucky day." I walked around the girl whose face fell. I walked fast and when I was alone and no one could hear me I said into the earpiece, "I am going."

"Hurry," Niall said. And I started running through the back hallways of the arena. We had performed in the arena tonight and the show was over but our job wasn't. I quickly walked out the back door into the alley where I was supposed to be hiding inside a dumpster. As I opened the door I saw Lars Andante the guy I was supposed to be waiting for get into a black car. Lars saw me and gave me a grin as he slammed the door as the car speeded away.

"Shit!" I said as I ran into the alley and watched the car drive away.

"Harry, where's Lars?" Zayn asked as he approached me from the side of the building.

"He just drove away," I said looking down ashamed of myself. Zayn looked at me confused and angry at the same time.

"Zayn, Harry, do you have him? I am on my way everything is safe here," Liam said into my earpiece.

"Yeah Niall and I got his accomplice Joe and management is sending over more people to handle it. You guys got Lars right?" Louis added.

I looked at Zayn who turned away from me angrily. I had screwed up great, why hadn't I ran into position the minute the concert was over? I had stalled talking to fans and now Lars had gotten away and it was all my fault. "No, I let him get away," I said slowly into the earpiece. Zayn slumped down onto the floor of the alley and leaned back onto the wall of the building I had come out from. He put his head on his knees in frustration.

"What?" I heard Niall, Liam, and Louis say in unison.

"I was late to my spot and Lars got away in a black car," I whispered as I felt my legs weaken and I fell onto the floor of the alley.

"He got away?" Liam whispered

"With the Disk," Niall added

"Hazza," Louis said and you could hear the disappointment in his voice.

"I'm sorry, guys I'm so sorry," I said into the earpiece. I had screwed everything up now Lars had the disk with confidential information and it was all my fault.

I heard a helicopter above and I looked up as Paul came over the earpiece and said, "Zayn, Harry got on." A ladder fell down and I looked at Zayn who had stood up. Zayn hesitated and then swallowed and grabbed the ladder and began climbing. . Zayn was afraid of heights but everyday he did something new that made me proud that he didn't let his fear take over. I followed Zayn and began climbing the ladder.

Once on the helicopter we sat down and no one spoke as the pilot flew us towards the management headquarters.

You're probably confused as to what just happened let me explain. You may know my friends and me as One Direction the hot new boy band taking the world by storm from UK and Ireland. What you may not know is that that is our cover. We are really spy agents. You know like for the CIA but bigger. The CIA is only in America but the agency we work for is for the entire world. We had agents from all corners of the world doing various jobs but in reality we all worked for the agency, we were spies. The agency had thought it would be a good cover if we were a world famous boy band. No one would suspect anything; it was like hiding out in plain sight. We could travel the world on tour and not worry about what people would think about us traveling so much. Our families thought we were singers the world thought we were singers and we were singers part time.

The boys and I were pretty good spies. We had completed some missions and helped lock up some criminals. But, today's mistake, my mistake will probably erase all we had accomplished before. You see Lars was this crazy guy who has been kidnapping, stealing, and doing other crazy things. We found out he wanted this disk that held top secret information. We didn't know what it had but we knew it couldn't get into his hands. But, we also knew he needed to be caught. So we came up with a plan that we could bait him with the disk. Management had said no to our idea. They said there was no way we could use the disk as bait, that it was too risky. We had convinced them to let us use it and the plan was perfect. Our arena where we were performing today was right next to the place where we were hiding the disk. The building was an office type building. Both the buildings back doors led to the same alley. I was supposed to be at the alley and if Lars came that way I would apprehend him. Zayn was near the side of the building just in case Lars came out that way. Niall and Louis were to watch the front and Liam was supposed to stay inside the building to make sure everything was safe and secure.

The plan was perfect one of us was supposed to catch him and we would have Lars and the disk in our custody. But, I had screwed up, I hadn't been in my spot on time and now we didn't have either.