Two Outta Three

DISCLAIMER: This story is a work of fanfiction of The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings, and is not endorsed by the originator(s) of the work. All official characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. No copyright infringement, offense, or solicitation is intended. This story has been written for entertainment value only. No profit is being made from this writing.

Author's Notes: This was semi-inspired by the song "Two Outta Three Ain't Bad" by Meat Loaf. Most of it is basically due to an plot bunny that got out of its cage and yelled "WRITE ME!". Plus, I love Thranduil smut, and feel that the world should be overflowing with it. Don't you? (Those are obvious statements, I know.) Second attempt at writing a "virgin fic". Still not very good at it in my opinion. Also, it took me 3 days to write this, and I was half asleep during most of it. So, sorry if something doesn't make sense. Posting from the rough draft until I am able to edit it later. I know some of you will also believe Thranduil is terribly out of character. I apologize. I just wanted to convey his more tender, and vulnerable side here.

On an unrelated topic, I am taking fanfiction requests. So, feel free to request something. ^^

As always comments, reblogs, retweets, feedback, kudos, likes are appreciated.

Two Outta Three

By MoonofMorrigan

"I want to make this completely clear so that there will never be any misunderstandings," Thranduil said in a soft voice but the tone he used commanded your attention, "I will never truly love you."

The words hit harder than a mace being flung dead point at your chest. It left you a little breathless. But you knew this already, didn't you?

"Not in the way a man who is in love with a woman should."

He is circling you, like a tiger who has his prey cornered. The constant pacing is making you nervous. Why did you come here anyway? You knew it was probably going to end in rejection. You had already prepared for it. You felt your shoulders slump in defeat. Your head bowed and eyes met the burgundy ornate rug on the floor. You brought your arms up, and held yourself in a hug. You didn't ask for him to be in love with you. You asked him to love you... or in other words, make love to you. It really made no difference to you if he could never truly be in love with you, as long as you could be with him. After all, you knew his heart belonged to his beloved elf queen who lay cold in her own grave. How could you dare to ask for the warmth of his embrace knowing that? You are so foolish.

You failed to notice the draft hitting your shoulders and chest when your robe slipped from your shoulders to hang at your elbows as you hugged yourself. You felt embarrassed, and with it slightly warm as a result. Your eyes briefly caught a glimpse of the empty bed in the far portion of the room. The sight heightened your feelings, causing your head and shoulders to droop lower still as you close your eyes shut to remove it from your view.

You weren't really paying attention to exactly how he was wording what he was saying until he said his next words, "I will want you, even need you. I will not just take you into my bed once, and then never again. That you need to be aware. I know I will crave you. " Your head shot up at that, meeting his ice-blue eyes, "But I will never love you. Can you truly live with that?"

His gaze was solidly fixed on you at this moment waiting for your answer. You opened your mouth to speak, but instead you found yourself simply nodding. His eyes narrowed momentarily, then he spent several long moments looking you over from your head to your toes. The nightgown you were wearing left little to the imagination when the light hit it. Hence, why you wrapped the sky blue robe about yourself before you came to him. His lips twitched upwards at the ends when he finished, and you became aware of your exposed chest and shoulders for the first time. Quickly, you pulled the robe back over yourself, but on a whim, since he seemed to like what he saw, didn't cover your chest.