I Cherish You

Author's Note: This is the sequel to "Two Outta Three". I received several requests on many platforms to write a sequel to that one-shot. I hope all of you will enjoy this. It took me a while to figure out how I wanted it to end - and even what angle I wanted to use. I hope it delivers. Also, I am not a Tolkien expert, and I hope it is not too far out there. As always reblogs, likes/kudos, and comments are greatly appreciated and loved.

Inspired by the songs "Open Arms" by Journey, and "I Do (Cherish You)". Fear the 80's/90's music. :P

I Cherish You

by MoonofMorrigan

You had been sitting under this great tree overlooking the moonlit forest for hours. The stream that wound it's way to the fast moving river below you was barely audible to you. It had been many centuries, though a mere thought away for you - an elf, since you had become the king's mistress. You would never forget how foolish you had felt rushing to him that night offering yourself to him, only to at first believe he was not only denying you, but mocking you. But neither was the case, and from that point on your bed was his, and his yours. You managed to keep the gossip at bay until the Autumn Feast.

That was when nothing could be held out of the public eye any longer. You're constant endearing looks towards the king when you seen him were nothing new to anyone. That in itself was a scandal back in it's time... but nothing like when the king the not only demanded that you be seated at his table during the feast, but next to him.

It earned snickers and whispers from people stating that he was finally "taking pity on you for your obvious affection" throughout the meal. However, those were turned to ashes the moment the musicians began to play. The king took your hand and without even asking led you out on to the dance floor. That raised eyebrows as he had not led a lady in the dances since the death of his beloved queen. However, the raised eyebrows turned into wide open mouths and a sudden torrent of gossip the moment he took you in his arms and instead of keeping you at the "proper" distance had pulled you close against him and the movements he led you through the whole dance were anything but innocent. The gossip was confirmed when after the dance, instead of waiting around to speak to the attendees as he usually did, he kept a firm grip on your hand and wordlessly led you out of the hall admist the hum of shocked whispers and exclamations of disbelief.

He led you straight to his rooms, and with it to his bed. He ravished you in a manner he hadn't in weeks since the first time he had laid with you. He simply could not seem to keep his hands off of you, and unlike the first time you had spent the night together, you were unable to leave. You were greeted the next morning by a stream of nosy onlookers when you exited his rooms. There, that moment, you officially became known as the king's mistress. Not his wife. You would never be his wife. Afterall, she may still be reborn, and with it, you needed to make your way into the world and mend your sorrows.

You had thought about the moment he would come and tell you his wife had returned to him with a sickening feeling for centuries. Or even worse you would just walk in and he would be with her. It didn't matter how it happened - it all came to the same end. Where would you go? You asked yourself for the millionth time.

The thing was, you knew where you would go... You had originally decided to go to Lorien, knowing because of the past strain between the king and Galadriel, he would never just happen to show up there. However, that was no longer a safe option. That was before the Battle Under The Trees. That was before he had left to renew his alliance with the Galadirum.

Since then, you had thought of other options, and finally only one kept settling in your heart - going West. There you could heal. There you could forget. There, if needed, you would be forgiven.