Thief of Hearts | Thief!Valt x Policeman!Shu

"For someone as sneaky as yourself, you sure know how to make a scene."

Laughter echoes through Shu's ears. "I guess I can't help but be popular."

Shu chases after the thief through an old abandoned storage warehouse. Broken mirrors reflect his weary appearance and he finds himself with only the moonlight to guide his way.

"The hell is he?" Shu curses as he clutches the gun close to his chest, finger on the trigger, stepping around the moldy and dusty furniture that makes him wrinkle his nose in disgust.

"What, not afraid of a little dust, are we, Mr. Detective~?" a voice daringly taunts.

The albino whips around to come face-to-face with the thief, the nuzzle of Shu's gun inches away from the thief's forehead. A crooked grin twists playfully along his lips. His name - the Phantom Thief.

The Phantom Thief is rarely seen and usually steals at night, ranging from priceless jewelry to random museum artifacts. He always leaves behind a red heart with a blue circle around it - most likely used with spray paint as Shu comes to the conclusion of - next to the empty spot of the stolen item.

This of course, wakes Shu from his slumber as he is forced to chase after the thief who Shu thinks looks more like a magician with the white suit and navy blue bow tie, navy blue sneakers, a red cape that swishes behind him. But it's mostly due to the fact he uses smoke bombs and trickery, something like a magician would use - elude the mind.

Just one of the many annoyances in Shu's life, although a part of him doesn't particularly mind when the thief flashes that taunting yet cute smile - wait, what?!

"Afraid to shoot? Can't blame you though, a face like this is too pretty to ruin~"

Before Shu can wack the other with the barrel of the gun, the thief swishes his red cape, and Shu is alone in the warehouse.

His crimson eyes scan the area yet it seems the Phantom Thief disappeared. Shu lowers his gun - big mistake. A pair of hands are softly placed on his shoulders, the thief's breath tickling his ear.

"Giving up on me already~? I'm hurt."

Shu scowls and grabs the hands on his shoulders, bending his wrists at an awkward angle that makes the thief yelp and snatch his hands back.

"I'm not stopping until you return what you have stolen," Shu growls threateningly, enough to even scare Xander, yet it unfazes the Phantom Thief. His hazel eyes sparkle from the red fabric tied around his head that reminds Shu of a blindfold, if it wasn't for the two holes that allow the thief to see.

The Phantom Thief tips his signature hat - a black top hat with a purple ribbon tied around the base - down. "Sorry, love, but I think this necklace looks quite fine on me~"

The expensive heirloom, a stolen artifact from the museum, dangles causally around the thief's neck.

"L-love?" Shu sputters with a light pink face and his eyebrow twitches in annoyance. "Wait - stop distracting me!"

The thief snickers and swiftly avoids a warning shot from Shu's gun. "I thought the police were better than this. What a shame."

The thief seems to always be one step ahead of Shu as he swings himself onto a couple of crates laying in the warehouse, as Shu is quick to follow suit. The Phantom Thief opens one of the windows above the stack of crates and hops out, making Shu stop as the drop surely would break an ankle. Yet as the albino peers out the window cautiously, the thief is fine and waves at Shu from the ground.

"Alas, I must go. I'll see ya later for our next date, love~"

With that, the thief sprints off into the shadows of the night, leaving a very flustered policeman. "I don't go on dates with someone I don't even know the name of!"