Nurse | Valt x Sick!Shu

A sliver in the curtains shines bright morning light through. It's a beautiful morning as the birds chirp cheerfully. Well, it would be for Shu if he didn't wake up with this pounding headache. He groggily lifts his head from his pillow, and it immediately falls back down, pale hands pulling the bed sheets over his head. His face feels flushed yet his hands are cold as ice as he places them on his cheeks.

Shu sighs but gets up anyway, throwing the covers off and stumbling towards the bathroom dizzily, already missing the warmth of his bed. Shu changes into his running/workout clothes and leaves the tiny apartment, locking it and shoving the keys in his pocket.

He jogs along the usual path, by the park and into the populated city area. But he feels himself grow weak and he collapses on a nearby bench, panting for air. Shu looks to the side when he hears a familiar voice shout his name. Valt waves to Shu and sits beside the albino.

"Hey, Shu!" he greets cheerfully.

Shu flashes him a small smile, although looking at his face makes Valt frown.

"Are you okay, Shu?"

The albino tilts his head in confusion. "I'm fine. Why?"

"Your face is just really red." Valt scoots closer to Shu on the bench and moves his white-silvery bangs plastered to his forehead to the side. Valt places his forehead against Shu's and quickly pulls away. "Geez, Shu, you are definently running a fever!"

Valt jumps up from the bench and grabs Shu's hands, trying to pull the albino off the bench. "Let's get you home," the bluenette says.

"I'm fine, Valt," Shu says as his crimson eyes droop tiredly.

"You look terrible!"

"Wow, thanks."

"Sorry. I didn't mean it like that." Valt tugs on Shu's hands but he doesn't budge. "Stop being so stubborn. You should go home and rest!"

A coughing fit racks Shu's weakening body and Valt takes the chance to pull Shu up, making him stumble and almost fall on top of the bluenette.

"C'mon, Shu." Valt drapes the albino's arm across his shoulders. He reluctantly sighs and leans heavily against Valt's side.

"Fine, nurse Valt," he mumbles in surrender.

Valt manages to lead Shu to his apartment - though it felt more like he was dragging Shu along.

"Finally," Valt sighs and sweatdrops as Shu collapses face first onto his bed. "Uh, Shu? You might want to take your shoes off..." He pokes the albino who mutters something incoherent and sneezes.

The bluenette grabs a hold of Shu's foot and pulls off his shoes, tossing them somewhere across the room. He rolls Shu onto his side and he looks dazedly at Valt. "C'mon, Shu, help me out here," Valt whines, "You need to change clothes."

Shu stares at Valt blankly who huffs in frustration, unzipping Shu's hoodie and throwing it somewhere along with pulling his shirt up and over his head.

"Why are you stripping me?" Shu asks with a cough.

Valt's face turns red. "I'm not stripping you! Well, I guess I am but just so I can get you new clothes!" he tells the dazed albino. But he only sits up and holds his arms above his head as Valt slips on a white t-shirt.

"You can, uh, put on your own pants, right?" Valt asks as he holds a pair of sweats to the sick albino. Shu stares at Valt again with a half shrug.

'He acts more like a zombie than a sick person,' Valt thinks, rummaging through Shu's dresser to retrieve a pair of gray sweatpants. He blushes as he takes off Shu's pants and slips on the sweatpants.

The albino flops onto his side with sleepy crimson eyes, and Valt can't help but smile at how cute the albino looks.

"I'll be back," Valt says and leaves the room, going into the kitchen to make some soup while also wetting a towel. He arrives back at Shu's room and tucks the albino in the blankets, pressing the cool towel to his head and setting the bowel of soup on the nightstand.

Valt grabs a bottle of medicine from one of the cabinets in the bathroom and pours the purple 'grape flavored' liquid into a spoon.

"Shu, drink this."

"What is...it?"

"It's, uh, purple soup?" Valt suggests, hoping that Shu is still too sleepy to notice what it really is. Unfortunately for Valt, Shu's awake enough to wrinkle his nose in disgust and shakes his head.

"Nuh-uh."

"C'mon, Shu, it'll make you feel better."

"Nuh-uh."

Valt sighs and drinks the liquid. Shu raises a questioning eyebrow as the bluenette unexpectingly presses his lips against Shu. He forces his mouth open and pushes the medicine into Shu's mouth who swallows it.

Valt pulls back with a triumphant smile and is answered with a sleepy scowl. "What?" Valt giggles. "It's your fault for not willingly taking it."

Shu pouts and turns his head away from Valt. "Shu, don't pout."

"I'm not pouting."

"Yes, you are," Valt snickers.

"You are probably the worst nurse I know," Shu comments.

"You're welcome."

Shu's eyebrow twitches in annoyance and Valt promptly ignores it, grabbing the bowl of soup and blowing on a spoonful. He helps Shu sit up and holds the spoon to him.

"Say 'ahh'."

"Ahh." Shu opens his mouth and Valt feeds him a spoonful. Valt's eyes sparkle in awe and drown in cuteness as Shu looks up at him through his white-silvery bangs.

"What?"

"You're so cute!" Valt squeals and hugs a surprised Shu who blushes, but it must just be this cold, he thinks.

"You're gonna get sick...if you keep hugging me," Shu says as Valt rubs their cheeks together and kisses the albino's forehead.

"I'll take my chances."

So, for the next chapter I'm planning on doing either:

1: Valt x Red Eye

2: Superhero!Shu x Valt

Or

3: Red Riding Hood AU

Comment on which one you would want me to do next and I hope you liked the chapter!