The Pocky Game | Valt x Shu: Valentine's Day Special

Paper hearts of various colors - mainly red, pink and purple - are stapled and strung along the hallway walls. 

Shu shifts around the mountain of heart-shaped cards and candy in his arms, regreting not bringing a bag with him. He walks into the gym to see Wakiya holding a ladder steady with Daigo perched atop, tapping paper hearts and arrows to the wall. The black-haired male spares Shu a quick glance at his arrival.

"Hey, Shu."

"Hello," Shu greets to the two of them.

"I can't believe I'm stuck after school helpin' out with hangin' up stupid hearts," Wakiya complains irritably, huffing out a sigh.

"Well, that's why you shouldn't start fights with the seniors," Daigo chastises. (everyone is 15)

"It's their fault for provokin' me, not mine. They should be 'ere, not me."

Shu shakes his head with a small smile and sets down his Valentines gifts against the wall of the gym as the two argue.

"Shu!" The albino turns to see Valt waving from the gym doorway with an enthusiastic smile and Rantaro beside him.

"Hey, Valt." Shu greets the smaller blader with a tiny smile.

"Guess what, guess what?" Valt chants with a big grin, rocking back on his heels. Shu chuckles.

"What?"

"I got my first Valentine!" The bluenette bumps their shoulders together. "And it's from my secret admirer!"

Valt has had little gifts like chocolate and candy hearts placed neatly in his locker, along with cards with sweet poems and messages. He had been receiving them for the days following up to Valentine's Day. There was no name to who it was from, just signed with the signature;

Your secret admirer~

If only Valt knew all the trouble Shu put into breaking open his locker and baking chocolates. That's right, Shu is Valt's secret admirer. Of course, the albino would never admit to Valt he loved him that openly, so he planned about telling him on Valentine's Day. So far, the plan has been working.

"That's great, Valt. Maybe you'll be able to meet that person."

Valt nods. "Yup, I hope so.... But I kinda don't want to break their heart."

Shu tilts his head to the side, confused and a tinge of worry glittering in his crimson eyes. "What do you mean?"

"Well, I kinda like someone...." Valt says with a blush.

"Who?" Shu blurts.

"Um, it's kinda...personal.."

Shu nods slowly. "Okay; you don't have to tell me," he says and leans against the gym wall, sliding down till he sits down. Valt copies the albino.

"I mean, I want to tell you," Valt says while completely ignoring the squawking and protests of the other three teenagers, the ladder tipping dangerously to the side, "but I probably shouldn't..."

Shu hums, knowing that Valt will tell him eventually. Still, his heart aches knowing that it isn't him. Despite the wetness stinging the corners of his eyes, he keeps up his normal, straight façade.

A silent pause follows between the two boys before Shu breaks it. "Wanna eat this with me?" he asks and gestures to the pile of candy and chocolate beside him. "I probably shouldn't eat it all."

Valt's hazel eyes shine. "Of course!" The bluenette reaches over and plucks a Kit-Kat from the pile.

"Hey! What if I wanted that?" Shu teases while picking up a random box from the pile.

"Too bad," Valt snickers and unwraps the chocolate, a frown and a sharp "hey!" escaping his mouth as Shu plucks it from his grasp and eats the Kit-Kat.

"Too bad," Shu mocks the pouting bluenette teasingly.

"That's so not fair!" he whines and crosses his arms.

"Here." Shu pulls out a stick of chocolate from the box clutched in a pale hand and holds it out to Valt in a peace offering.

Valt eyes him suspiciously. "What is it?"

"It's called 'pocky'. Don't worry, it's not poisonous." Shu chomps down on a piece. Valt shrugs and takes a piece from Shu, nibbling on it.

"It's pretty good."

"There's a game to go along with it, too," Shu comments.

Valt raises a questioning eyebrow.

"It's called 'the pocky game'," Shu states. "Two people bite one end of each stick and try to reach the center of it. Whoever reaches the middle wins."

"Let's try it, than," Valt says and snatches a stick of pocky from Shu, holding one end between his teeth. "Or are you too scared to lose?"

A determined flash glimpses in Shu's crimson eyes and he bites the other end. Their faces grow closer to each other until their noses are centimeters apart. Shu stops, noticing just how close their lips are to brushing together. Valt doesn't seem to care as he bites the final bit, brushing his lips against Shu's.

What surprises Shu the most is that Valt doesn't pull back. Instead, he presses forward more, letting his hazel eyes close with a tint of pink across his nose. Shu turns as red as his eyes and melts into the kiss. After a while, Valt pulls back breathlessly, lightly pecking Shu's lips as he leans his forehead against the albino's. Valt grins goofily.

"Happy Valentine's Day, Shu. My secret admirer~"

"How do you know?"

"Daigo told me."

Shu curses under his breath, earning a laugh from Valt.

"Will ya two stop makin' out and help us out 'ere?" a voice interrupts. The two teenagers look over at a scowling Wakiya.

"Why? I'm not the one who has to stay after school," Valt taunts.

"Shaddup. I don't need yer help, anyways," Wakiya grumbles.

"He's just mad he only got a few gifts for Valentine's Day," Daigo says.

"Why didn't I get any?" Rantaro sulks.

"Because yer not as like able as me," Wakiya states.

"What?! I'm so much nicer than you, brat!"

"Idiot!"

"Girly boy!"

"Bitch!"

"Jerk!"

Shu and Valt sweatdrop as the blonds start exchanging insults. Shu turns back to Valt with a soft smile. "Be my Valentine, Valt?"

The bluenette nods. "Of course!"