1

Author's notes: Please, vote, comment and this story with your friends. Enjoy!

~~oOo~~

I was driving my car on a bumpy dirt road in Rwanda and I was on my way back to my hotel because it is my last evening here of my business trip when I saw a strangely familiar tall white man, that looks so defeated walking along the dirt road I'm driving on. I stopped and invited him to drive with me. He got in and thanked me for letting him ride with me.

'You're welcome your Highness.' I said looking over at him.

'You recognize me?'

'Yes, your Highness. I remembered your picture in my palace structure class in college and Denmark is always a place I wanted to visit.'

'I guess you heard of what happened then?' He asked looking really sad.

'Yes, your Highness and I am so sorry about your family and your country.'

'Thank you.' He said then looked out the window at the very green scenery that surrounds us.

'Your Highness, where are your bodyguards?'

'They split the moment they heard what happened back home.'

'Oh, those damn Russian's they had no right to do what they did to Germany and Denmark the way they did it.' I said almost with an outraged at that darker than dark dictator they call a president Vladimir Puttin. Prince Edward David Williams just looked so really sad. Since of the early hours of this morning, he lost his whole life back in Europe by a terrible nuclear bomb the pro-Russians dropped on them. He really has nothing now. He is in Rwanda on a charity tour, that much I red in the papers. I'm heading back tomorrow morning to Johannesburg, South Africa.

'Thank you for your hospitality Miss.'

'You're welcome, your Highness. Oh please excuse my former rudeness, I'm Nadine, Nadine van der Merwe.'

'Nice to meet you, Nadine.' He said as I came to a halt at my hotel.

'It is nice to meet you as well your Highness. Come along now, let's get freshen up before we go have some dinner.' We both walked into the hotel and I had a couple of messages at the front desk. I took it and we both head up to my room. Yes, I have sent up some nice new clothes for the prince and maybe a few extras. I was working on my laptop and was on the phone calling some of my clients back when he came back out, dressed in his new fresh clothes. I smiled at him and he only gave me half a smile back. I know it will take a while for him to be himself again. I finish up my business call and turn to him.

'Your Highness, are you ready for dinner?' I asked with a curtsy to him.

'Please, Miss Nadine will you stop calling me, your Highness, prince or even curtsy like that. I am not a royal any longer. I am now only a mere man trying to find a new way for himself.'

'Very well, then. Come let's go get some dinner then Edward.' I said with another smile for him and we both head out to the dining room. We were seated and finally ordered our dinner and some delicious South African wine. We talked about this and that.

'So Edward I'm flying back to South Africa tomorrow morning, I'm inviting you to join me.'

'I don't know any other one around here and will love to take you up on your most generous offer.'

'Wonderful. I'll call my travel agent after dinner.'

'What can I do to repay you, Nadine?'

'As long as you are safe Edward that is all the reward I will ever need.' I countered.