Chapter 1 - The Fall

You groaned softly as you cracked open your eyes, whimpering at the searing pain that crashed through your body like a tsunami. Shattered screens and broken keypads were all you could see asides from the lithe silhouettes of your arms, smothered in scrapes and bruises, and the flickering malevolent violet lights above your head. 

The escape pod...? Oh. That's right. Escape...

Memories flickered throughout your mindscape as you fell unconscious once again, sighing quietly in relief when shadows filled your vision. 

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

<Third POV>

Pidge sighed quietly to themselves as rover began to repeatedly beep and ring in a crescendo of odd notes and tones. "Huh? What is it, Rover?" The green paladin questioned fell silent for a few moments before turning to face Hunk. They had both gone together into the green lion to scout a nearby planet for resources, choosing the forest-robot for its ability of camouflage. "I think Rover is picking up signals.." The short figure exclaimed to the yellow paladin, frowning whilst linking their small robot to the green lions projection system. "A Galran escape pod- Should we check it out, Hunk?" 

The larger of the two hummed in a questionable manner before sighing a little bit. "I guess we should. I mean, if it's a Galra then we can always take them back to the castle for questioning, right? And if it's a prisoner, then well, we can free them?" Hunk paused for a brief moment, "They could have supplies too."

Deciding to check the escape pod out, the two of them retrieved the coordinates from Rover and travelled to the specific area on the planet - confirming their suspicions when they saw a smooth mound of black and glowing purple amongst the resplendent sand dunes.

The green lion lowered itself to the ground and parted its massive jaws, allowing the two paladins and the small robot to exit and travel across the hills of sand.

Hunk reached across and pried several of the broken glass panels away from the pods doors, cautiously peering inside to view the damage. The yellow paladin gasped at the sight of the small figure laying limply amongst the shattered glass and torn metal. 

"Galra or no Galra, Hunk?" Pidge questioned from behind her friend.

"No Galra. I can't tell what species of alien this is but I'm not seeing any fur or fluffy ears. I haven't seen anybody like this before-" Without hesitating, he managed to pull the rest of the door from its hinges seeing as it was already pretty damaged. Reaching inside, Hunk wrapped his strong arms around the fragile figure and carefully pulled them out. Within seconds, his hands and arms were already dripping with shimmering violet fluids. "Oh God-" Pidge gasped while Hunk fought the sudden urge to vomit.

The males torso had a visibly large tear down the side, making the creatures ribs clearly visible above the slowly pulsing inner organs. 

"They need a pod- like now-" Pidge finally managed to speak up whilst Hunk hurriedly nodded and carried the creature of limp stature back into the green lions jaws, Pidge following behind quickly.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>