Artemis POV

March 20, 2016

I followed Wally out from among the crates. I pulled off my hood and nodded to my friends.

"I take it our ruse was successful?" Kaldur asked.

We had faked my death, making it appear as though Kaldur had killed me while trying to sabotage a satellite launch. We managed to trick everyone, but it hurt to lie to them all.

"Almost too successful," Dick said. "The Team and the League are in mourning. They may never forgive us."

"And still only we four know the secret? Including (y/n)?"

"This secret and the other. That you've been under deep cover within Black Manta's organizations since leaving the Team. How'd it go on that end?"

"Successful as well. I've proven my loyalty to my biological father. He is moving me up the ladder, bring me closer to the Light and their unknown partner."

"Not without cost, Kaldur. The com-sat wasn't supposed to be destroyed. And La'gaan definitely wasn't supposed to be captured."

"It was the only way to save his life and maintain my cover."

"I'm not blaming you. I know you've been forced to make impossible decisions, like choosing between saving the Kroloteans on Malina Island..."

"Or saving my friends. And I will find a way to save La'gaan. You have my word."

"So what now?" I asked, grabbing Wally's hand.

Dick pulled out a necklace and put it around my neck.

"Uh, dude," Wally said. "Why are you giving bling to my dead girlfriend?"

"Glamour Charm," Dick explained. "Courtesy of Zatanna. Physio-morphic spell, I think. She said it backwards."

The three looked at me.

"Wow," Wally said. "You look... exactly the same."

"To the four of us, and only us."

"But to anyone else," a new voice suddenly said, "you're an entirely different person."

We all turned to see a figure step out of the shadows. She pulled her hood off her head, smiling.

"(y/n)?" Kaldur said.

"Hey, Kaldur," she said. "Long time no see." She looked at Dick. "The more impressive question is how did you manage to get something so specific from Zatanna without reveal who or what it was for?"

"We have a history," Dick said with a small smirk.

"Dog," Wally commented. "What are you doing here, (y/n)? Where's Anya?"

"She's right here, Wally." She pulled back the blanket that was draped over her shoulder to reveal Anya. The little girl was partly awake. At least enough to send us a smile. "She is a little tired though."

"Why are you here though?"

"Dick invited me."

We looked at Dick.

"What?" he said. "I thought everyone should see her and Anya before we go our separate ways again. Besides, Kaldur hasn't met Anya yet."

(y/n) walked over to us, smiling. She adjusted Anya a little so she was sitting up more.

"Can you say hello to Uncle Kaldur?" (y/n) said quietly, smiling at her daughter.

Anya looked at the Atlantean and smiled. She waved slightly before reaching out with both hands. (y/n) smiled more and handed Anya off to Kaldur, who seemed startled at first. Anya smiled at him before hugging his neck. Kaldur appeared surprised for a moment before smiling.

"She's beautiful, (y/n)," he said.

"Thank you."

Kaldur glanced at his watch.

"It is time," Kaldur said to us.

He handed Anya back to (y/n). I nodded and hugged Wally before kissing him.

"What could go wrong?" I chuckled.

"Don't say that!"

I smiled at him once more. I went over to (y/n) and hugged her.

"Stay safe," she said to me.

"I will." I looked at Anya. "Take care of your mommy for me, alright?"

Anya nodded and yawned.

"I'd better get her home," (y/n) said, wrapping the blanket around her daughter again.

"Wally and I will take you," Dick said, stepping up beside her. He looked at Kaldur and I. "Good luck, you two."

Kaldur and I nodded before walking out of the warehouse. As Kaldur's sub rose out of the water, I smirked slightly.

"Anya's a cute girl, isn't she?" I said quietly.

"Quite. She takes a lot after her mother."

"You have no idea. Once this all blows over, we are taking you to spend more time with them."