(y/n) POV

September 24, 2016

I slowly opened my eyes, wincing when bright light filled my vision. I waited for my eyes to adjust more before opening them fully. As I glanced around, I noticed that I was in a hospital room. I could hear babbling to my right so I carefully turned my head. A smile slid onto my face at the sight. Anya was sitting on the floor, clapping her hands and smiling widely. Wolf was sitting in front of her, entertaining her. Sitting close to the bed was Conner, a very slightly smile on his face, but worry in his eyes.

I watched as Wolf suddenly reached towards Anya, lightly touching her feet and making her squeal with laughter. I smiled and tried to sit up. My movements caught Conner's attention, causing him to look at me.

"(y/n)!" he said, rising from his seat. "You're awake!"

Anya and Wolf looked up at us as well. A wider smile spread onto my daughter's face. She clapped happily and started to stand. Wolf stood up as well and went to help her. She grabbed onto his fur and pulled herself up. I smiled as they walked towards the bed. I looked at Conner.

"Could you help me up?" I asked.

"Of course."

Conner gently put an arm under my back and slowly helped me up. He fixed the pillows so I was comfortable. I thanked him and looked down at Anya. She was smiling at me and used her arms to motion that she wanted up. Conner smiled slightly at her and lifted her up. He set Anya on the bed where she crawled towards me. I opened my arms to receive her. Anya fell into my arms, wrapping her own around my neck. I smiled and ran my hand through her hair, kissing her head.

"I'm so happy you're safe," I whispered to her. "Mommy was so worried about you." I looked over at Conner. "How long was I out?"

"Four days."

My eyes widened.

"Are you serious?" He nodded. I looked between Anya and Conner. "How was she?"

"She was good. There was always someone in here to watch over her. In all honesty, Wolf has probably been in here the most to keep her company."

I looked down at Wolf, who was lying by the bed now. I smiled at him.

"Thank you, Wolf."

He ears perked up, telling me he heard my words.

"I'm going to call the others, (y/n)," Conner said. "They'll want to know you're awake."

I nodded and Conner left the room to call the Watchtower. I sighed and held Anya a little closer. I realized that her grip on my neck lessened slightly, causing me to look at her. Her eyes were closed and she had a smile on her face. I smiled at her and kissed her forehead. I looked up as Conner walked into the room.

"She asleep?" he asked.

I nodded.

"Guess she was tired."

"Apparently so."

A silence filled the room for several minutes.

"Conner?" He looked at me. "What did Luthor mean?"

"What do you mean?"

"Before I got knocked out, he was saying how he was related to Anya. I saw that you realized what he meant. What did he mean?"

Conner sighed and came to sit on the edge of the bed. I moved my legs a little to give him room, pulling Anya more onto my lap.

"As you know, CADMUS works a lot in genetics. When they cloned Roy and I, they managed to hold onto some of our DNA. Roy is a complete copy of the original Speedy while I'm only half of Superman. Part of me is human, thus why I don't fly or have heat vision."

My eyes widened as I suddenly remembered hearing this before.

"Your human DNA came from Luthor," I said, "making him your father." Conner nodded. "And Luthor said he was related to Anya, which would mean you're... her father..." Conner nodded slightly. "Are we sure of this?"

"I told the Team what Luthor had said and while Anya was napping, Batman took a blood sample."

"And?" He nodded. "I'm so sorry, Conner. I had no idea."

"It's alright, (y/n). It's not your fault. CADMUS did this without anyone but Luthor's knowledge or consent."

"But I hid this, hid her, from you. From everyone."

"You had your reasons, (y/n). Don't worry about it. We all understand."