II

~

"Sir Hoseok, what a pleasure to have you join the Congress tonight." Robin Elizabeth, the current president of the Universal Congress greeted Hoseok with a warming smile, welcoming him.

"Thank you, Mrs. President. It's truly amazing to be here." Hoseok grinned, taking a blue notebook with an elegant turquoise bookmark out of his portfolio. He flipped through the fiber pages before reaching one that wasn't covered in doodles of galaxies, planets, and miscellaneous beings of the vacuum.

"Call me Robin. We'd like to maintain a casual air in between members of the high class." Robin said, brushing her hands together before walking to the collosal podium at the front of the stadium. She wore a black blazer and tight black dress pants, paired with a white button-up shirt and tall heels. Around her neck, there was a silver chain, which contrasted nicely with her dark skin tone. Her hair was short, but she wore it well.

"I'm pleased to hold this month's meeting for the Universal Congress. As you know, we are currently in the star stadium of the 'Sensation', the crown jewel of modern spacecraft, and the prized shuttle of Captain Jung Hoseok." As Robin spoke, soft claps arose from the crowds, along with approving nods from others. Some representatives, though, frowned at the mention of Hoseok. "We were bound to hold today's meeting here, due to the amp space and, since the ratification of the 'Free Space Travel Law', we will be able to more freely roam the universe and propose Congress on more shuttles."

This statement received cheers and whistles from the crowds, as everyone in the room had voted pro free space travel. Due to the advanced technologies, all men or women who owned a shuttle would be able to travel freely among the vacuum of space, with the condition that when they land on a planet, they would have to have the permission of that planet's government to immigrate.

Hoseok took out a pen from his portfolio and pressed it softly on to the brisk, white paper. It made a small crunching sound as it hit the notebook, allowing the man to draw glide his pen. He created a straight streak, and Hoseok let out a breathy sigh at the satisfaction of the steady line he had drawn. Looking to his above, he admired the planets, visible through the said auditorium's glass-dome ceiling.

"It's so beautiful." He whispered to himself, although not so quietly, causing a few neighboring people to frown and look away. All the persons in the Universal Congress' committee were rich, powerful beings. Most of them had the power to destroy and create new nations, to rise a civilization on isolated planets or to preside over a space station.

But all the were really was a group of petty politicians. Whilst Hoseok was more of a misunderstood man--masked under the cloud of societal issues and fame.

As the meeting continued it's trek, Robin and other members of the Congress debated issues. Hoseok lifted his head slightly at the mention of warfare, due to the fact that the universe had been relatively peaceful for the past few years.

"We must be prepared for any attacks. The Collisions will only get closer." A space station captain, Laurie Céré-Williams, proposed, pointing to a red dot on the huge class screen near the podium.

"I agree." Hoseok muttered to himself.

The Collisions we're a group of dangerous people. They take what the want with no mercy, and are willing to kill to obtain what they want. They we're the universal terrorists, and they were willing to attack. As long as blood ran red and screams we're drowned by space--they kept walking.

~

At the end of the meeting, Hoseok wiped his seat and let out a breathy sigh. He kissed his wrists unconsciously, almost falling on his knees when the small bump on his shoes got caught between the stadium's staircase. Voices quickly swallowed the room, a bunch of prosperous people laughing and negotiating together.

Hoseok looked around to find someone to converse with, biting his lip nervously.

He spotted a dark-haired man, who appeared to be of Asian ethnicity, just like Hoseok himself.

He decided to greet him.