Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I remember begging. Begging that she wouldn't leave me. Yet she had to. She wanted to leave me, and I couldn't do anything about it, and it haunted me every night.
Slowly the sun rose. I could feel the heat it emitted on my face. But, I only subconsciously felt it. Still I tried to sleep. Today was the day I dreaded every year. The first day of school. It being my first year at the Alfea, college school for fairies.
As you can see it was a very- exciting day.
I opened my eyes. Getting all the crust bits out of the corner of my eyes.
I heard a soft knock on my door, "Your highness are you awake?"
"Yes, please come in."
She opened the door and smiled. "Did you sleep well? Any- problems?"
I smiled, "I haven't had sleeping problems in years."
"Your eye bags are saying the opposite."
"You know me to well," I groaned, too well indeed.
Lily likes to start small talk. She could talk about any and everything. Not only was she smart but she was incredibly beautiful. Other then the fact she was a servant under Eraklyon. Though that was just a little fact about her.
"Oh," she started, "Before I forget your grandmother called for your appearance for breakfast, so please be nice."
I nodded, "I don't think there's been a moment in my life where I haven't been nice."
"This isn't a time for jokes- remember that time where you hid under the table for the eclipse ball at Solaria, a important ball that only happens every five years."
"I'll worry about that In 3 years- when the next one takes place," I smiled, "Now I'm going to go eat a meal with my lovely grandmother."
Walking through the halls of Eraklyon wasn't always so bad. From what I remember as a small child it used to be my favorite part. Me and Leo would run through the halls in our socks. We'd make bets on who would fall first. It was different every time so we'd never know who to bet on. Life is fun when you're young I suppose. I sounded like a grandma, but in fact- emotionally I felt at least a hundred years old.
The guards I passed nodded in my way. I hated the power I held over them. It was like a cage, an imprisonment. But, to me it was a annoyance of mine, but to them it was an honor. Higher then no other. That was the sad reality we lived in. Their highest honor was being a servant that gave their life and hours to the royal family.
Two guards opened the door for me. Sat at a long table was my family. My grandmother, and brother.
Jamie was my older brother. He resembled my mother and from what I remember they were close. Multiple chairs were empty, like always. My younger sister, Blake was training at Domino, like I did when I was a few years younger. She's what they call a incredible prodigy. The best candid for the dragon flame. We're not close so I don't know much about her.