Revenge of Geet

chapter 3

Maan happily ate the rasgulla. His mind now calm after knowing the truth. The girl he really liked was not going to be his younger brother wife and she was single. His eyes suddenly went to Geet who looked so sad that he starting moving toward her, wanting to know what caused his angel to become unhappy. Dev threw his arm around Maan's shoulder casually,'' Bhai time to go.'' He whispered in Maan's ear,''bhai stop staring at her. I just got engaged today. These are small town people, they will beat us both blue, if they took offence.''

Maan tried to control himself and then, he realised another thing. She was happy outside, was she sad now because he was leaving. He looked down at his feet feeling sad too.

...

The guests moved outside but geet kept staring at plate. Her rasgulla was right there, in centre, saved from wandering hands, but that MSK, he just plucked it from middle. 'I will take revenge for this baba ji'', she looked up, 'he took what was mine.'' But how, he was already gone.

...

Two days later, MSK strode in with Darji, a bag on his shoulder, his eyes concealed behind shades,'' Seriously, you don't have to do this.'' He said politely to dar ji,'' I can stay at the hotel.''

Darji,'' No beta, we are related now, we have this big haveli and you would stay at hotel. No beta, live here like this is your own home. ' he called a servant,'' Anything you need Maan puthar just ask him.''

Maan nodded and followed the servant into the room. After the door closed, he jumped in air in happiness, he was here to stay for 4 weeks and by that wedding will starting. He could stare at his geet and talk to her. He fell down on bed, a satisfied smile on his face.''

...

Geet listened to Amma ji, who was telling about Maan singh khaurana coming to live in haveli,'' It would seem bad if he stayed at hotel. After all he is Naintara's jait (brother in law) but we have a young, unattached girl in our home, but what to do. Listen to me Geet, don't talk to him and if you have to, then be polite. Understood.''

Geet nodded, her mind on the kidnapped and killed rasgulla,'' why he came to Hoshiyarpur?''

Amma ji,'' some business work.''

Geet picked up knife and sliced the apple in two, she will take revenge.

...

Maan was feeling frustrated, leave talking aside, he was not even able to see her. He needed to do something. Frustrated he looked at the breakfast of paratha and lasi. He couldn't eat this daily. He needed to eat healthy things. He decided to do his physical exercise. Looking for a good spot he went upstairs. The sun had just come out and the heat felt soft, caressing his body. Wearing black jogging trousers and black vest, he started his morning routine. He was oblivious to anything and everything in his surroundings. He worked his mind and body into perfect harmony, his movement's fluids, his biceps flexed and his well tone body swayed into practised rhythm.

Geet who had come for her morning walk stopped and stared at the man. What was he doing half naked at the roof in the morning?. She looked at surrounding roofs, sure enough females of all age were piling on rooftops, She could see her friend with a drool on her face hanging from roof railing two houses away from here. Punjabi women had keen eyesight. Well, there village still didn't had cable. The men had stopped it thinking it will corrupt their innocent female relatives. She looked at Maan, if he did this daily, the 'trps'' will be really high.

Maan completed his routine and picked up the towel, his body was drenched in sweat. He looked up to find his angel standing their looking at him thoughtfully. She gave him an innocent smile and before he could anything, she ran downstairs.

Angry at himself for missing the opportunity, he came down and took shower. He changed into jeans and shirt. There was a knock on door, he said,''Come in.'' There was another knock, he angrily opened the door,'' I said...'' he stopped and stared at Geet who was standing outside his room wearing a maroon dress. Those big doe like eyes looked a bit distressed.

Geet,''Sorry, I hope I didn't disturb you.''

Maan,'' No, it's alright.'' He replied softly.

Geet,'' Are you free? I needed bit of your help.''

She looked at him in high hopes.

Maan was ready to kill someone for her,'' Yes, anything.''

Geet smiled in happiness,'' It's not much, our servant he had to leave urgently today and he forgot to feed my pet. She is hungry. Could you help me prepare breakfast for her?''

Maan frowned, pet? He hadn't seen any cat or dog but then it was a big house, they could have

Many pets hidden somewhere.

Maan,''Sure but if you want I can get something from the town. They sell readymade pet food.''

Surely this was what she wanted? I mean what help was needed to prepare food for a pet?

He was proven very wrong.

Maan stared at the stacks of fodder piled next to the mechanical fodder chopper machine. The machine was as tall as him and required to be pushed using hand. The stacks were even taller than him.

He looked at Geet in shock.

Geet gave him an angelic smile,'' My pet, dhano.'' She pointed toward the cow who was roped in few feet away. There were at least 20 cows in this place where she had taken him. They all looked bloody same to him.

He tried to control his anger, he was a Harvard educate billionaire and she wanted him to chop the fodder?

Geet looked apprehensively at his expressions, she wrapped the corners of her dupatta around her fingers,'' You look so fit and healthy when you were exercising, so when I needed help I thought about you but it's alright if you don't want to do it. I will do it myself. I can't let dhano starve.''

She eyed the stack with determined eyes. One stack probably weighed at least three times her weight.

Maan sighed, he couldn't let her do it, 'Do you want me to hire help?''

Geet,'' No, it will take too long. Dhano is very particular, she takes her breakfast at 7 in morning and no one will be available at this time.''

Maan looked at her and then, back at the fodder. He couldn't let her do it. She was a delicate girl after all, he felt angry at the unnamed servant whose fault was this.

With some effort, he managed to get one stack down and rolled it near the machine. He opened it and filled the machine and then, he started to cut.

Time passed, after first stack was done, he looked at Geet who was petting her cow,''I think this is more than enough for her.''

Geet looked back at him and thought burn MSK, burn all the calories my poor rasgulla provided! Geet hesitantly said,'' Dhano is very social, she only eats when rest of her friends eat. If you could do two more, it should be plenty for everyone.

He glared at Dhano but continued. Why was she so social? Soon, he was covered with sweat again. He took off his shirt first and then, even the vest as he cut. His shoulders hurt and he could feel the clauses on his hands. After he finished, Geet picked up the fodder in a basket and started feeding the cows. He sat down on the floor which was made up of mud as he took deep breaths. He felt a nuzzling at his shoulder. It was a small baby goat. She was probably looking for food too. He grabbed a little bit of cut fodder and gave it to the goat, hopping it was the right food. It ate it happily, the expression so blissful, that he hugged the goat as he laughed,'' Little one, were you hungry? Did no one gave you food?'' He fed the goat more until it was satisfied.

Geet watched the man sitting on dirty floor, his six pack and beautiful face exposed but all she really noticed was the beautiful smile, the kind expressions. The way he fed the goat really made her feel mushy mushy inside for some reason. At that moment, Geet haunda realized that this man was worth much more than her rasgulla.