That Butler, Omnipotent 4

"This invitation possesses not an ounce of grace," Sebastian said, revealing nothing. If Chêne wanted to read it the right way, it meant she  would have to lean up against Sebastian, and she knew that he was doing that on purpose to annoy her, so she settled for reading it upside down.  It read:

If you want your master back, bring the goods to Buck's Row in Whitechapel.

'Oh, great, it's a ransom note,' Chêne thought darkly. 'Whoever kidnapped Ciel is in for a world of hurt.' She started cracking her knuckles.

"Hey! Hey!" Bard shouted as he and Finni burst into view. "What the hell's going on!?"

"You've all collapsed! Are you all right!?" Finni yelled in concern. Sebastian stood up, bringing Chêne and Mei-Rin to their feet with him. Poor Mei-Rin had already turned to mush and collapsed as soon as Sebastian let go. The bespectacled maid was too out of it to stand on her own after her close encounter with Sebastian, the stud-muffin.

"It was nothing, we are fine," Sebastian said.

'Well, in a manner of speaking...' Chêne thought as she glanced at Mei-Rin, passed out on the floor. Chêne noticed that she had a few minor cuts from the glass herself, but nothing major, and Mei-Rin would be fine once she woke up again.

"Forgive me for asking, but might I leave tonight's dinner preparations to you and Chêne?" Sebastian said calmly to Bard.

"Sure, that's fine, but..." Bard said, a little confused about what was going on.

"I have a tiny bit of business to which I must attend," Sebastian replied calmly, giving nothing away about Ciel's current status as a damsel in distress. "And please take care of this as well." Sebastian held the pie out for Bard to take from the serving tray, which he did.

"O... kay?" Bard said, confused, as he took the pie. Finni and Chêne were trying to revive Mei-Rin from the puddle of goo she had been reduced to.

"I shall return by dinnertime," Sebastian said as he tucked the serving tray under his arm, and turned to leave.

"Hey, wait!" Chêne called after him as she jumped up to follow him. Chêne still wanted to talk to him about something. Bard stared at the pie.

"Nn? Take care of it means... I can eat thi—huh? Sebastian? Chêne?" Bard said. While the chef had been preoccupied with the pie, the butler and maid had seemingly disappeared.

=†=†=†=†=

* VROOOOM! *

A car was speeding away from the manor.

"Sorry, I missed," the sniper said nervously as he talked to Vanel on his 'portable telephone' that looked suspiciously like a cellphone.

={on Vanel's end}=

"You what!? You useless idiots!" Vanel yelled as he kicked the table in frustration. Was there no good help these days? "This is why trash like you—! You bastards are finito! Get back here right now!"

={on the hired gun's end}=

The driver saw a flash of something black out the corner of his eye. "Hang on. Something's coming our way." The getaway driver said as he checked the rearview Mirror. "!!!" the driver yelled as he paled in fear.

={Vanel's end}=

[What the hell is thaaaaaaat!?] the sniper yelled over the phone.

"!?" Vanel said as he flinched. The scream was so loud, he had to hold the phone away from his ear. "What, have you seen a bear or something?" Vanel laughed.