12~Family Trees...so suspicious

Harry

I woke up to the sun shinning brightly at my face. I pulled myself up and was met with the usual image of people running around and getting dressed. I made myself get out of bed and get myself into my robes before going downstairs to the common room where I met up with the rest of my friends which included Percy.

I can't believe I was such a fool as to accuse and innocent person about being a Death Eater. I mean, now that I look at him again, he really is a person that is least likely to join Voldemort. And I can't blame him for trying to play a card on Ginny after what happened last night. Annabeth and Percy were obviously very much in love with each other, even if they don't show it in public.

Last night. God, don't even ask me what happened last night. PTSD...what could've happened that was so bad that they got PTSD?

"Hey Harry." Ginny said, bringing me back to reality.

"Hey. Ready for the first class?" I asked them.

"Ready as I'll ever be." Percy said, trying to sound enthusiastic, but his heart obviously wasn't in it. He looked worried and his eyes looked fractured. Annabeth had dark circles under her eyes which suggested that she barely had any sleep last night, but she was putting on a brave face lit with a fake smile.

"What do we have first?" Thalia asked since we all had the same classes.

"We have..." I trailed off looking at my timetable. "Mythology?"

"Mythology? We're doing Mythology this year?" Hermione asked. "Wonder who our teacher will be."

"Well, let's go find out." I said, stuffing my timetable back in my pocket.

* * *

We entered the Mythology class to find a man wearing a tweed jacket on a horse. No, not on a horse. A man that was part horse. A centaur.

"CHIRON!?" Annabeth screamed in delight and and ran up to the centaur who engulfed her in a hug.

"Chiron? What are you doing here?" Percy asked walking up to Chiron and Annabeth with Thalia.

"Yeah!" Exclaimed Thalia. "You didn't tell us you were going to come here as a pony man!"

"Well, I thought I'd better keep an eye on you three." Chiron said then turning to Thalia he added, "and Thalia you know perfectly well that I'm a centaur not a pony man."

He then spotted Hermione, Ron, Ginny and I lingering behind awkwardly.

"Ah, and you must be Harry Potter, Ronald and Ginevra Weasley and Hermione Granger. Pleasure to meet you." He said pleasantly.

We all smiled politely and shook his outstretched hand before taking the seats next to each other on the front row. The class slowly filled with students from Gryffindor and Ravenclaw and when everyone settled down, Chiron started his lesson by introducing himself.

"Good morning class. My name is Chiron and you may call me that, don't bother with Professor Chiron." He said. "This year I will be teaching you greek mythology."

"Alright then, let's start simple now shall we?" Chiron said, picking up a piece of chalk from the desk. He wrote a title on the black board that read The twelve Olympians and underlined it.

"Who here knows who the Twelve Olympians might be?" Chiron asked, facing the class again and gazing at everyone expectantly.

I glanced at Hermione, expecting her hand to shoot up in the air immediately but it stayed there on her desk, gingerly clutching her blank piece of parchment.