Goodbye Valenwood.

Middas 9th, Hearthfire, 4E 180

  The little Breton girl's black hair blew in her face lazily as she dozed in the back of the carriage with her arms hung over the side and her chin resting on the railing of the carriage instead of trying to sleep she just let her mind go astray. Her family had left Valenwood for Cyrodiil due to an ongoing purge that the Aldmeri Dominion was conducting. Her family was most likely one of the targets due to their ancestors on her Nord dad's side being rather skilled warriors and heroes mainly their ancestor Illent The Hero of Kvatch. Her mom is also a well known mage adventurer in Valenwood and parts of Elsweyr. Her dad received a letter from his Nord brother stating that he restored and bought a lodge called Gweden Lodge and that he will let us live there for free.

  Bellona never met her dad's brother and wasn't really eager to meet him. To her he sounded like a snooty elite, she felt this way because she had heard that he owned a giant boat that he uses to explore the world as well as Gweden Farm where his Khajiit tenets lived and payed rent in exchange for allowing them to farm the land. He is also in the possession of multiple quicksilver and malachite mines near Bruma and in Skyrim. Another reason she disliked him was because he made their ancestors home down by the Imperial City Waterfront into an one room inn basically. Every item of furniture in Illent's Shack was the same as it was when she bought it centuries ago and he used that knowledge to rent it out to people with enough money to pay for it even if it was just for one night. Her dad was upset about the news when his brother had told him what he had decided to do to her house. Her dad didn't take it to kindly she found out when he returned to their house from Cyrodiil with a bruised right cheekbone, flesh split open from her uncle's enchanted gold emerald ring.

  A thud tore her from her thoughts and she looked up and turned her head to face her parents sitting up front on the drivers bench. They were crossing the Strid River on a sturdy wooden bridge to Cyrodiil. The home of the Imperials wasn't anything special to look at, just tall grass that blew in the wind and the occasional tree and dense shrub. This region was called the Gold Coast yet, there wasn't anything that hinted at why it was called 'The Gold Coast,' after three more hours they finally reached what she assumed is Gweden Lodge and her dad stopped the horse and in front of the lodge a man approached their carriage with a smile on his face.

  "This must be Uncle Yoric," her full blooded half sister Ivy said to Bellona while sitting on the floor of the carriage.

  The man that stood before them didn't look like the man she and her half sister had imagined him to be, he was wearing a dark tan mining outfit, black pants, and black fine boots. His dark brown hair was braided on either side and pulled into a short ponytail to join where the rest of his hair was restrained.

  "Hello their Lionent," nodding to his brother's Bosmer wife that barely looked up from her book and then he looked over at his brother who had already jumped out of the carriage seat and was walking over to greet his brother.

  A thick Northern accent asked, "Kristoph, brother how have you been?"

They hugged each other.

"I've been better Yoric, thank you for taking us in."

  "No need to thank me, when you sent me that letter my blood turned cold. Everyday that passed I worried that you and your family would not make it here. Come inside, then I'll help you unload."

  A few minutes later after being shown around the lodge Bellona and Ivy picked the same room upstairs and got settled in. Bellona moved around her and went downstairs while Ivy unpacked her clothes and laid them down in a chest in front of her bed near the door. Bellona went downstairs and stepped outside of their new house, her uncle and dad were carrying in crates, sacks, and knapsacks full of everyone's everyday or personal items. She even heard her mom curse as she ripped her brown dress down the leg from a nail sticking out. She realized once she went towards the carriage that everything except her knapsack, satchels, and crate was taken. 'Easy for me,' she thought as she boarded the carriage wagon and picked up her things. She balanced her large crate on her head after placing the satchels on it. And with one hand and put the knapsack on her back, when she turned around she spotted a group of hunters a man a woman and a small boy running circles around his mom. The boy had a small wolf slung over his back with it's feet tied together in the middle of the boy's chest. The mom had a good sized buck tied in a similar fashion around her back as well as a large mud crab in her right hand and lastly, the man had rabbits and game birds tied around his belt and had an iron sword in his left hand and a torch in the right guarding the other two. In the dark Bellona could just barely see the boy look over and raise the outline of his hand and wave at her. He then put his hand down and resumed walking behind his parents. She caught a glimpse of his red hair in the weak torch light. Bellona jumped down from the carriage and walked inside of the lit house. Uncle Yoric saw her come in with both hands on the crate and walked over to her.