Chapter Two

(Dan's POV)

"Hey! Dan! Wait up!!" I heard Phil yell chasing me in the halls because we have health together. 'What Do you Want?' I wrote. "To be your friend haven't I told you?" Phil said, with a smile. 'Didn't I tell you that won't happen? Phillip.' I wrote, "Yeah.." he said "BUT IMMA KEEP TRYING!" He yelled. 'Do you want me to punch you?' I wrote. "No.." Phil said. 'Then don't make a scene, I don't wanna be caught with you because then people with think I'm even more of a loser.' I wrote. "Are you calling me a loser?" Phil said. I nodded. "Look, I want you to trust me and I'm not getting any friends till your my friend." He said. 'I don't trust you, I just met you a few minutes ago, don't make a fool of yourself, this school has really negative people and I don't want you to be lonely the first day' I wrote. "Oh.. I understand..." Phil said, slowly walking away. I grabbed his sleeve. "I get it, you just want to be protective.." phil said. 'That's not it, I want you to be my friend I've just been negative and I'm not sure if you will like me... I only have one friend.. Anna' I wrote "I-I.. I'd love to be your friend!!" He said. 'Really?' I wrote. "Sure! Can I come over today?!" He said. 'Maybe,' I wrote. 'My parents would be happy to see me with someone else instead of Anna.' "Where's the health room again?" He asked, I grabbed his hand and guided him. When we walked in the room I quickly let go. A lot of kids snickered. "Was the faggot just holding his hand?!" Someone exclaimed. I stopped in the middle of the isle, so close to punching him, but Anna walked up to him instead, and waved for me to sit down. "If you call, my best friend, a faggot once more, I will punch your teeth out of your mouth." Anna said. I slammed my head on the desk and started crying.

Why do I have to be gay...?

Because your an asshole and a faggot.

I know..

Why don't you just kill yourself already?

Because people care about me

Not enough. Hey do me a favor and grab your razors, ask to go to the bathroom and cut yourself.

No. What if Phil notices?

He doesn't care about you, no one does.

Well if he didn't-

He doesn't know your a faggot.

Is that really why..?

Yes. No one wants to be friends with a faggot like you.

You're right.. I'll go ask for the bathroom.

I grabbed my razors and walked up to Ms. Gera's desk. 'Can I go to the bathroom?' I asked. She nodded. I left the classroom and pulled one of the razors out of the bag. Pulled up my sleeve and was so close to cutting, when the door opened, "DAN!" I heard a voice say I looked that direction as I was pulled into a hug. "Why do you cut..?" He said. "P-ph-phil.." I felt my shoulder getting wet, as I noticed he was crying. "H-h-h-how d-d" I couldn't finish my sentence, and I left my notebook at class. Phil took out his phone and his eyes were red, as if he had been crying for hours, though he had only been crying for a few minutes. Phil opened his notes, and handed his phone to me. 'How did you find me?'