0.07: Him.

As swift as the winds brushes the dying leaves, everything disappears.

As if it was always meant to crumble, after building a majestic tower out of itself. But, I sit here motionless, unfazed. As if every cell in my body is aware of the nearing nosedive.

Autumn is here, so is my fall. 

But the bitter chills that pierces my skin, are something I have never felt, even in winter. Maybe the cold is within me, because I can't feel my feet as they drag me to the only place I know.

Except, it is now empty. Cold air occupying the spaces which were once full of smiles, and thundering laughter. Maybe I came here in search of that familiar warmth, in hope of reviving my lost purpose. But everything is frozen, everything except time. 

I am not scared. Not anymore, 

Because I know It's already over.

The land is outstretched in a way, it seems like the horizon doesn't exist.

And I'm lost, right in its indefinite center.

I'm frozen in place, even when I see him.

As if it is the most natural sight in the world.

He reflects me, we are the same.

But he isn't lost, like me. 

Something brought him here.

Some old, frail string of his past.

He looks like he's glowing with a flame

Which in me, is already dead.

Seems like he has found what I have just lost.

As if his spring has come, just with my fall.

The emptiness separating us evaporates.

Time bends until it turns in on itself.

And we meet here at this singularity.

And right now, I think we can swallow our surroundings whole with the weight pulling us closer.

I haven't moved an inch. 

Neither has he.

But I can hear him, almost as clear as if his ghostly whisper is hovering just over my ears.

Do you know the way to the sea?

Realization spreads warmth through my bones. The kind of warmth I came here in search of and was lacking until now. I know him. I know him so well that when he mouths those words almost incomprehensibly, I give him no reply.

Instead, I stumble my way towards him, with my weary, numb legs.

Let's go. I say.

And then I start walking, like I'm familiar with every corner of the universe.

With him.