The Host Club is Open for Business

"Kaoru," whispered Hikaru, jutting his elbow into my ribs.
   I turned to look at him. "Hm?"
   "What are you spaced out about?"
   "Spaced out?" I tilted my head, confused.
   "Yeah. It kind of looked like you were staring at Kyoya."
   I glanced over at Kyoya, sitting at a table across the room. He was sipping tea and typing away at his laptop.
   "You seem distracted." Hikaru closed the gap between our bodies and touched our noses together, putting his hand on my thigh. "You wouldn't be ignoring me on purpose, would you?" He sounded pitiful.
   The ladies sitting on the couch across from us almost fainted.
   I pretended to blush. "I-I'm sorry, Hikaru. I didn't mean to." I moved my face ever so slightly closer to his. "I don't ever want you to feel ignored."
   The ladies screamed in admiration. I don't get it. Why are they so into the forbidden brotherly love act? It's kind of weird.
   Truthfully, I was distracted. And I couldn't quite put a finger on what it was that caused it.
   Hikaru sighed, causing me to jump and look over at him. Grabbing my hand, he stood up. "Would you lovely ladies excuse us for a moment? We should probably go talk."
   "Not a problem, Hikaru. Take all the time you need," they said in unison, shrill voices harmonizing.
   He pulled me up off of the couch and dragged me into the room that Haruhi usually changed in.

   "What's wrong, Kaoru? Why are you paying so little attention today?" He sounded annoyed.
   "I'm not exactly sure," I admitted lamely.
   "Seems to me like it's Kyoya that's distracting you."
   I looked down, embarrassed. I'm pretty sure he was right.
   He cleared his throat and I glanced up at him.
   "Can I ask you something?" His eyes had a sense of seriousness that I've only seen a handful of times.
   I nodded ever so slightly.
   "Are you into him?" He smiled mischievously.
   My face grew hot, and I was pretty sure I was as red as a tomato. "N-no, that's impossible."
   Hikaru grabbed my shoulder tenderly. "Kaoru, it's okay if you are. I won't judge you. And I'm pretty sure no one else will." His voice grew soft, and he almost sounded concerned. "We love you."
   I looked back at the floor and shrugged. "It doesn't matter. Kyoya doesn't care about anyone besides himself and isn't interested in anything unless it benefits him directly. Not to mention he puts up a good act to make you think he cares about you. I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be the type to carry something on as a long, sick joke."
   I looked up at Hikaru, surprised at the words that had just come out of my mouth. He looked just as surprised.
   He squeezed my shoulder. "You're probably right. But you'll never know if you don't at least talk to him, yknow? Do you remember what you told me before my first date with Haruhi? 'You have to tell other people how you feel or they'll never know.' It sure helped me out." Smiling, he tried to lighten the mood. It worked a small bit, and it made me smirk.
   I shook my head. "Let's not keep the ladies waiting too long." Lacing my fingers with his, I figured it would make the girls who requested us happier to do the whole "twincest" thing sooner rather than later.
   Once we were in their sight, Hikaru hugged me close, his arms around my waist. Winking at me, he whispered in my ear, "time to get the show started."
   "Don't ever make me worried like that again, Kaoru. I hate feeling so helpless when it comes to making you feel better," he said almost sensually, just loud enough for the ladies to hear.
   I pretended to wipe my face with my hand while I discreetly put eye drops in my eyes to make fake tears. "I'm sorry, Hikaru. I just don't like seeing you worried. I want you to be happy." I moved my face closer, our lips only inches apart, and said, "I won't do it again."
   The ladies screamed yet again. God it's so weird that women are into this.