12 | Come On Over

"VERY GOOD WORK, Addison and Peyton

"VERY GOOD WORK, Addison and Peyton. Nicely done," Mr. Reiken praises, giving us a small round of applause as we finish our history presentation.

I pull my flash drive from the computer at the front of the class before making my way back to my seat, sliding into the desk beside Hunter as Mr. Reiken calls for the next group to head to the front to present.

Bimbo Barbie and one of her fellow followers make there way up to the podium at the front of the class and open up a rather boring looking slideshow on the invention of the zipper.

Well, okay, not really. I would have to be paying attention to know what they were actually talking about. But the second their nasally voices fill the air, I completely tune them out.

After our little coming out, the rest of the week had be mostly uneventful. Hunter would drive me to school in the morning, we'd hold hands and look all cutesy in the halls and at lunch, and then he'd drive me home or to work and we'd go back to our most comfortable love-hate relationship until the next morning rolled around.

And by that I mean that he kind of loves me and I absolutely hate him.

To some miracle, my mother hasn't found out about our fake relationship yet. She's been so busy with work and trying her best to make up for her lack of maternal instincts for the majority of our childhoods, that she hasn't noticed the pretty boy in the blue truck that pulls up in front of our house twice a day. I know I have to tell her at some point, before she does find out and blow a gasket, but I've never exactly been the kind of girl to introduce every boy I've kissed to my parents. Because that would be awkward and embarrassing for both parties.

Jayden has also, thankfully, kept his mouth shut and not taken it upon himself to tell her. I guess he had taken my threat seriously.

Smart baby brother.

Another miracle to have occurred this week was the absence of Clarissa from our daily lives. She hasn't said a peep to us since announcing to the entire cafeteria that she was giving Hunter some time to think about the ginormous mistake he was apparently making by associating with me. In fact, I haven't so much as seen her obscenely red hair anywhere since Wednesday afternoon.

I can't help but let out a tiny giggle as I consider that maybe one of her minions had finally had enough of her persistent bitchiness and constant demands, and ended up feeding her to somebody's pigs.

If only.

Apparently, the only one who notices my giggle is Hunter, and he looks over at me with a raised brow. "Something funny, Skirt?" he whispers, too low for Mr. Reiken to notice.

I don't look at him, making a point of staring directly at the blackboard. "Nope," I murmur back, my lips popping quietly on the 'p'.

I notice him shake his head out of the corner of my eye, a little smirk curving at his lips. He doesn't say anything right away, and I feign actually paying attention to the exceedingly boring presentation Barbie and Not-Barbie are droning on through.