Chapter 40

I get back from tour again. I'm finally done with touring, I can finally be with Abel. I shut off my car and walk to the door, I jiggle the knob. Locked. That's weird. I get out my keys and open the door. When I get inside I see a note from Abel, meet me at the restaurant we like. I smiled, and put the note back. I went upstairs and unpacked, when I finished I picked out my little red dress, knowing Abel would like it. I put it on and smiled at myself in the mirror. I look great. I grab my keys and get into my car driving to the restaurant. I go in and ask for Tesfaye. The waiter led me to a table where I saw Abel in a suit looking out the window. "Why are you so dressed up?" I say with a smirk. His head spun around and he looked at me with a smile. "So I look good for this girl I'm waiting for." He said getting up to kiss me. I kissed him back then sat down across from him. I smiled at him, "How was your tour?" He said leaning back. "It was pretty good, I liked meeting the fans and singing my songs." I said smiling. I looked at the menu scanning the options. "How was yours?" I asked him. He smiled, "it was fun." He said. "What are you going to have?" He asked. I shrugged, "probably the chicken parmigiana." (Idk if I spelled that right 😂) I said looking at him. "What about you?" I asked. "I don't know, steak probably." He said. "So who do you think will win in the dodgers game?" I asked, putting my menu aside. We began to talk about music, sports and whatever we wanted. We got our food and ate. "So what are we doing tonight?" I asked. He smirked, "you'll see." He said. I smiled and shook my head. Abel got up and took his coat. "You ready to go now?" He asked. I nodded and got up. I followed him to my car, "how did you get here?" He smiled, "I took a cab." He said. I headed to the drivers side until Abel stepped in front of me, "What are you doing?" I asked. He smirked, "I'm driving." He said. I sighed, "fine." I said walking to the passenger side. I got in and Abel handed me his tie. "Abel I'm not doing kinky shit in the car in a parking lot." I said crossing my arms. He smirked, "just put it on, I promise I'm not doing anything like that." He said, I sighed again and put the tie around my head, covering my eyes. I feel the car moving and after about fifteen minutes I sighed, "Are we there yet?" I asked a hint of annoyance in my voice. I hear him chuckle. "Just wait a few minutes Lizzy." He said putting his hand on my thigh. I sighed and let my head fall back on the seat. I eventually felt the car stop and hear Abel get out of the car. He opened my door, and I got out as Abel took my hand and held my arm to help me walk. "A few steps closer Lizzy." Abel said. A few steps later he tells me to stop. He tugs on the tie and it comes off revealing the Hollywood sign. "Oh my god, you brought me here?" I said with a smile. He smiled back, "I thought you'd like it." He said with a smile. He climbed up a ladder on the side of the H. "Abel are you crazy?!" I asked. "Common What happened to my adventurous girl?" He said as he continued climbing. "She got sober." I said plainly. I hear him sigh as he reaches the top. "Common Lizzy." He said waiting at the top. I looked up and began to climb. I see a slight smirk on Abel's face. He holds out his hand and I take it. "Thanks." I say as I get to the top. He takes my hand and we walk to the Y and sit down. When we do I see the LA sky line the lights lit up and the sounds of the city radiating from it. "Oh Abel, it's more beautiful in real life." I say. "Almost as beautiful as you." He said. I blushed and looked back at the city. "Did you really say that?" I said with a light laugh. He smiled, "Yes." I laugh and look back at the sky line. "Lizzy...there's something I have to ask you..." he started nervously. I gave him a puzzled look, "What's wrong?" He smiled, "Nothing it's just...I've loved you for a long time, almost 15 years...weather you loved me or not. I really love what we are and what we've always been, I love you Lizzy, You're my Lust for Life." He said. I stared at him, waiting for him to say something else, "is there a reason you're being so deep?" I asked him. "Yes..." He said standing up. "Stand up." He said holding out his hand for me to take. I took it and he pulled me up. "Follow me." He said. I followed him to the D of the 'wood' part of the sign. "stand here..." he said pointing in front of him. I walked to where I was pointing then I felt his arms wrap around my waist. "You see those stars Lizzy?" He asked. I nodded, "those stars have been there for you no matter what, wether you were drunk high or in any trouble they were there. And I want to be too..." He said letting go of me. I turned to look at him to see him down on one knee with a ring. "Will you be my Stargirl Lizzy?" He asked. "Holy shit." I breathed. I felt tears run down my cheeks, "Abel...yes! Of course!" I screamed hugging him. "I love you Lizzy." He said kissing me. "I love you too Abel." I said hugging him.