King Roan: Long Live the Queen (4/6)

Only two months have passed, but for me it feels like an eternity. I can't stay here anymore. It feels like hell. And unfortunately, they said will have to stay here for 2 years, maybe more.

In those 2 months, Clarke's words has come true. One of my people tried to kill me while I was asleep. I was lucky I can't sleep a lot. I heard him in the last second. Otherwise, I will be dead by now.

He told me I don't deserve to be the Queen of Azgeda because I am a Skaikru. He told me a lot of things meant to hurt me. But just one of them made me angry. He told me Roan made the biggest mistake when he chose me.

I was afraid to scream for help. Because where my room was, I was surrounded by Azgeda's people. Maybe all of them knew what was happening.

I started to throw at him anything I could grab. After a few minutes, I didn't had anything left. He started to laugh at me. Then I remembered something. I started to move slowly to the bookshelf. When he didn't saw, I grabbed Roan's sword that was behind it. I didn't know how to use it at all. But I still hoped I will figure it out soon.

"You really think you could kill me? You don't know how to fight, and I am one the best soldiers Azgeda's have."

"Yes... You are one of the best soldiers... And you swore you will protect me with the cost of your life."

"I did that only for the King. You're no one. You're just a Skaikru."

Then he raised his knife at me. I don't know how I did it, but I hit him with the sword and he dropped the knife on the floor. I knew it was my only chance. Immediately I put the sword straight into his heart. He looked at me with big eyes and then fell into the floor. After a few moments I realised I just killed one of my people. I dropped the sword and started shaking. They will all hate me now, more than they did before.

*

One week after that accident and I'm not feeling any better. I just sat in room thinking about what I could do. If that man tried, they can all try. I need to tell them the truth, if I wanted to remain alive.

I talked with Clarke and Bellamy, and asked them if they could bring all the people to a council. I hoped I will never have to tell someone, but this is the only thing that could save me right now. Like Clarke's said, now I don't have Roan's protection anymore.

I saw all the people in the bunker looking at me. Some of them didn't wanted to be there, some of them didn't knew what was happening, and some of them looked angry at me.

"As you all know, I am the Queen of Azgeda. A lot of you might think I wanted this council to give up on the crown. But I won't. If Roan believed I will be the best queen for you, then I will try my best."

"But you killed one of use! You can't rule us!"

"Well, I want to talk about that too. You all know one of my people wanted to kill me. Of course I wanted to protect myself. I didn't wanted to kill him, believe me. But I had to. I'm sorry."

Now they were a lot angrier. And I saw some of them wanted to leave. If I'm not doing it now, then it will be too late.

"And I have one more thing to tell you all. I'm not scared. You can't do anything to me. You don't know yet how important I am to you, and to Azgeda's dynasty."

Now they were all confused. I managed to attract their attention. Now is the perfect time.

"You can't kill me because I am pregnant with Roan's child. The next King of Azgeda."

They were all shocked. They didn't know what to say anymore. I looked over at Clarke and Bellamy and they were speechless.

I didn't had anything more to say, so I started to walk back to my room. Maybe I don't have Roan's protection, but I know our child will protect me until he will be the King of Azgeda.