King Roan: Long Live the Queen (6/6)

I was on the balcony, looking over Azgeda. I wasn't looking at something, I was trying to find someone: my husband, Roan. After our discussion he just disappeared. The guards are looking for him for 2 days now. I don't have any idea where he might go. A lot of things has changed since he "died".

While I was going to my bed to get some rest, the guards burst into my room.

"We found him, my Queen."

"What? Where is he? I need to talk to him, now!"

"He's in the garden, my Queen. He is waiting for you."

After that, I ran towards the garden. He was there. He really was. At first, I didn't know what to do. Now I'm starting to ask myself: is he in love with me anymore?

"Come. Sit with me. I will not bite."

I sat beside him, as he wanted and I started to feel awkward. It's like I'm sitting next to a stranger, not next to my husband.

"Where have you been?"

"Doesn't matter. Just wanted to clear my mind and to think about what happened between us."

"I need explanations, Roan. I am still very confused."

"Well, I need explanations too. A lot of things have changed. Things I never wanted to be changed..."

"Well, you are the first one to give explanations, so go on."

He let out a sigh then moved his gaze towards me. God, how much I missed him. I realize that now more than ever.

"Well... I should start saying I had a good reason to fake my death. I made a deal with Octavia to kill Luna together. After that, we will kill each other. Octavia betrayed me and has let me fight alone with Luna. I was very injured, I knew I was going to die. So, when she was trying to drown me, I held my breath as much as I could. And when she started to fight with Octavia, I ran far away."

"But... you were gone for 4 years. Why didn't you come to me that night, after the battle was done?"

"Because I knew that if I'll come, they would not let us in the bunker. I wanted you to be safe."

"And where were you hiding?"

"A secret place I have found before the battle started."

I couldn't believe it. Every night I was crying for him and he was there, somewhere, alive. He lied to me.

"And actually... While I was missing, I was trying to find Skaikru. I really want to speak with Octavia about what happened."

"Well, there is something you need to know. Octavia is dead. She died in the bunker."

"What? Why? Who killed her? Was that person trying to kill you too?"

"Um... I am the one who killed her..."

He was shocked. His eyes were wide open. He was trying to find his words. He managed to ask just one thing:

"Why?"

"I heard what happened, about the deal. I hated to know that you died because of her. She didn't deserved to win and I wanted revenge. So, I killed her with my own hands."

"I guess a lot of things have changed..."

We looked at each other for a couple of seconds. Now we realise how much we changed. And we don't know yet if it's for the best, or for the worse.

"Now it's your turn. I guess you have a lot more to share. And... I really want to know who is the lucky one."

"The lucky one? Roan, I didn't married another man. You are the only man I want in my life. A lot of people have forced me to meet someone, but I couldn't. I still love you."

"And what about... the child?"

I knew he will be more interested about this subject. Well, I had a little plan in my mind. Thanks to God, my son is playing everyday in the garden. I knew he saw and heard everything.

"My prince, please show yourself and come here."

Immediately, climbed down a tree. He came to me slowly. He is always shy at first. I took him in my arms, putted him on my knees, making him face Roan.

"Well, King Roan, I want you to meet Prince Roan, the next King of Azgeda."

"Why did you named him after me?"

"Because I missed you... a lot. And I thought the name will fit him perfectly."

"Who is the father?"

I was thinking for an answer to make him remember this day forever. The day he finally mets his son. But, the little one wanted to be the first one to announce him that.

"Mommy... You told me I was named after my father. And he was the King. Does this mean that he is my father?"

I was looking in Roan's eyes. They were looking with hope at me for an answer.

"Yes, my beautiful Prince. He is your father."

After that, I couldn't tell who is more happy. Roan, me or our son. He hugged us tight and kissed my temple. Then, he took little Roan in his arms. Now I see how much of his father appearance he took. He will break a lot of hearts, just like my husband.

"Lexus, you don't know how happy you just made me, but... How? How is he my child?"

"Do you remember the day we talked just before you had to go to fight for the conclave? I wanted to tell you something. And I said I will tel you after you will win the battle."

"You wanted to tell me you're pregnant... Oh my God... How stupid I was not letting you to tell me..."

"It doesn't matter now, right? I'm happy you're back. I know our son is happy to finally meet his father. Let's just forget about what happened."

"I really like your idea. Now, I have time to spend with my lovely wife and child. I will never let you alone again."

"I know. We know."

He smiled at me and then at our little child. He took him in one arm and then took my hand with the free one. We started to walk together to our room, not before giving me a kiss I was waiting for a long time.

"I love you so much, Lexus. Both of you. You made me the most happiest man ever."

"We love you too, Roan. You have no idea how much we can love you."