II Elysium II

Hello people!

Elysium was written as an entry for a contest organized on India Forums. No gloating, but it did win :p Its a stand alone piece and needs no synopsis. I hope you guys will enjoy it!

I would like to dedicate this piece to AbhilashaEDKV. Cupcake my love, this one is for you!

She loved spring, she referred to it as a drink of sparkling water, one which would quench thirst and yet add a bubbling joy to the simplicity of it all

She loved spring, she referred to it as a drink of sparkling water, one which would quench thirst and yet add a bubbling joy to the simplicity of it all. As he walked through the fresh growing grass that carpeted the cliff, he breathed in the rustic baked scent of the soil. Small clear drops of dew shone in the changing colours of the sky.

The soft chirping of birds returning home, shattered the cacophony of silence. Home, a term he remained conflicted about for the majority of his life, now had a new meaning. A bumblebee caught his attention. The creature should never have been able to fly, aerodynamically it was impossible. But the little buzzer had the will to fight against all odds and do that which it was born to do. Preachings of patience and perseverance were available in plenty in nature, if only one would see. He saw, clearly too, and as destined he shouldn't have been able to breath, but much like the bee, he fought against everything and survived.

Gentle winds ruffled his hair as trees played their rustling music, soft and serene. The brilliant blue sky was quickly turning to scarlet. A falcon flew over the echoing hills spreading its majestic wings. The power it held propelled it forward and yet so prone to vulnerability it was. That was the beauty of nature. Strong yet feeble, powerful yet broken.

A swallow landed softly to his left. It looked at him briefly and hopped into the grass frantically looking for something. Hopping around, searching with all its might, it finally found a golden strand of hay. Chirping merrily it flew to a nearby branch. Peering, he now saw, a tiny nest, nestled in the midst of malachite green leaves. Home, he whispered as the teeny blob of teal continued to work meticulously.

He walked to the edge of the cliff, throwing a gaze at the depths of the valley, he smiled, nodded his head and made himself comfortable. To anyone that saw him, it would seem he was precariously perched in the lap of death, but home was a relative term and this was where his heart lay. Among an ocean of green, he smiled, remembering each moment he had spent here.

The past may have been distant, but to him, it was as fresh as the blossoming buds he graced with his touch. The melange of a soft cerulean, stark amethyst and hushed auburn with flaming carmine emblazoned the vastness above.