II Fire II

Hello everyone

As most of you know, like Alaahida, Fire too had been posted on Wattpad earlier. I'm taking that version down, and keeping this one. 

This piece was written on one of those days where I was in the dumps. So goes without saying, angst was my preferred genre. The first draft posted on India Forums was a little too dark and broke one too many hearts. So I redid the ending... Hope is what you will find at the end of this piece! 

FIRE

Suman entered Malhotra Mansion under the pretence of meeting her sister, Preeti. She checked if the coast was clear and practically ran up to Shravan's room. The lights were off giving the room a deathly feel. She was worried for his safety. She feared her decision to marry another would shatter him.

"Sh..Shravan?" Began Suman, "Are you in here?"

Receiving no response she walked into the room and turned the lights on. What she saw was not what she had expected. She knew Shravan, she knew he was emotional so she had expected the place to be thrashed and the absence of even a shard of light earlier had assured her that something was wrong.

But she was wrong. The room was squeaky clean, not a thing out of place and definitely no Shravan in sight. She should have been happy that he didn't take it to heart and hurt himself but something stabbed her, why didn't he get affected? Why did something feel off? She was She she loved her more than She ever loved him. She was about to take her leave when she felt the door behind her close. She didn't need to turn to know who it was.

"Why are you in my room Ms. Suman Tiwari?" Huffed Shravan.

Ms. Suman Tiwari? Why was her calling her by her full name? "Shravan I wanted to apologise.." She said her eyes downcast.

"For?" Said Shravan non-nonchalant.

"For what I said to you earlier, that you don't matter. You must hate me right now..." she knew she had gone overboard hurling insults in a bid to manoeuvre his million questions.

"Aww no, no Suman, I don't hate you right now." He paused and Suman heaved a sigh of relief. "I've hated you since we met." He completed.

Suman turned around in shock, "Everybody makes mistakes Shravan.."

"Yes, but not everybody's mistakes ruin lives." He said raising his hands in dismay.

"So that justifies you ruining mine now?" She asked flustered.

"When did I attempt to do that Ma'am?" He asked.

"Planning my wedding, you are doing it to ruin my life aren't you? To get back at me.." her allegations were cut short.

"Oh bullshit! Get back at you? Nah! You aren't so important that I'd actually waste my time planning a come back. And ruining your life is it? I'm not ruining it.. Your life just sucks." He said blankly.